Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Oct-2004, 19:42
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Vman, so Gary McCoy, Haga, Ramboni, Chilli arn't true racers ?. Get a history lesson fella.

[Edited on 4-10-2004 by Jon]
Old 04-Oct-2004, 19:47
Ducati Corse

Tyres

... sorry Andy but this isn't about the 999, it's about tyres IMHO.

Ducati will start with a real advantage next year if Pirelli is still the control tyre in WSB, it'll take extraordinary effort from the Japanese (other than Honda who may get some info from Ten Kate) to get on the pace effectively at each round.

In BSB the real reason Emmett had his work cut out early on in the season was because the 999 was set up for Michelins and his team had to set the thing up on Dunlops with no data at every round, sometimes getting it right and mostly wrong. When he got back to Olton for the second time they had the info and he did well.

The 999 is starting to earn its place in the Ducati family - but needs to be gloss black
Old 04-Oct-2004, 20:06
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
After watching Emmett on the ETI at Castle Combe and comparing it to his performances on the Monster Mob 999 I would say the 998 was a better bike for him
The same also applies to Frankie Chilli the 998 being a lot better chasis for him.
I'm of the opinion that if Toseland had been running a works 998 with the latest spec engines his reults would be no worse than they were and could even have been better.
As for Hodgson I would like to see him retain a top ride, he is still one of the few riders that could quallify a WCM 500 alongside Doohan on the front row of a GP grid.
Old 04-Oct-2004, 20:15
Big Twin

Mood: r
bsb/wsb

hit nail on the head? "did well".we went to olton & felt "let down" by emmett.he will allways "do well" but at bsb with one MAIN ducati, i pay my £ to see a ducati having ago,fighting,...bit like jt on the factory bike that had pirelli on it but the year before had lovley michelins on it?
Old 04-Oct-2004, 21:52
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by vman
Sorry to p1ss on your camp fire...........But what proper Jap 1000s???

Who won and on what? In the BSB this year?

Wait till next year, the real superbike riders should be back , along with the Factory 1000s.

Its gonna be a different ballgame.

I dont think the Dukes are gonna do as well, This year and last year have been like the Ducati cup. It will change next year.

You have a memory of a gold fish
Old 05-Oct-2004, 16:01
Big Twin

Quote:
You have the memory of a goldfish
Sorry, what was the question again?

At the end of the day when all is said and done, you can certainly tell that the majority of comments are from Brits.
Friggin' typical.

Get with it, like AndyB said and celebrate y'miserable bunch o'rant rant rant

See you in the bar Andy