Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Jul-2005, 11:25

The pipes are more "upswept" than "high level" but I think they look good and original if not unique. making the brackets was a cinch 2, just used a metal blade in a vari-speed jig saw and plenty of 3 in 1. If I am honest I still think high levels look best but at least twice the price.
Old 08-Jul-2005, 20:19
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by edwyun
if the 851/888 slipons are for the OEM diameter headers, they should work on the carbed 900ss bikes as high mounts too.
No they wont!If they are specific 851/888 hi level pipes,they wont fit a 900SS.They will be too high!
Some Exhaust manufacturers offer cans to fit 851/900 SS,(Lazer,Bos,Micron to name a few),these are the ones to go for.They are basically high level SS cans with some adustment available to fit 851's.When fitted to the four-valvers they just dont look 'right'.
Old 08-Jul-2005, 21:02
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Quote:
Originally posted by edwyun
if the 851/888 slipons are for the OEM diameter headers, they should work on the carbed 900ss bikes as high mounts too.
No they wont!If they are specific 851/888 hi level pipes,they wont fit a 900SS.They will be too high!
Some Exhaust manufacturers offer cans to fit 851/900 SS,(Lazer,Bos,Micron to name a few),these are the ones to go for.They are basically high level SS cans with some adustment available to fit 851's.When fitted to the four-valvers they just dont look 'right'.

Yep,have to agree with you again mate,getting a bit of a habit this
Old 09-Jul-2005, 00:01
500SD

Nigel...

I went the other way, and fitted 900ssie oval DP race cans to my 888. They're not designed as high-level cans for the 900, but they do sit higher than the standard cans when on the 888. They fitted straight on to the header pipes with no mods - so the pipe diameter must be the same - but I did have to make brackets to support the cans.

Steve
Old 09-Jul-2005, 18:44
Mille

thanks...you can tell they are not stock level Steve and they look good. i would attach a photo of my new sil motor high level carbons if i knew how

i have looked all over the sight and i cant work out how to attach photos to messages and i have tried to upload in the photo section with little success...any help appreciated. cheers.
Old 09-Jul-2005, 19:01
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

You need to hit the 'Post reply' button so that you get an 'Attachment' box coming up a the bottom of the screen.

Hit 'Browse' - find the piccy on your your hard drive and...

Taa Daaa - hopefully...
Old 11-Jul-2005, 23:34
Mille

tried that numerous times with no success, decided to give up on the photo. thanks all that replied, cheers.
Old 12-Jul-2005, 10:03
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by remfanuk
tried that numerous times with no success, decided to give up on the photo. thanks all that replied, cheers.

Sometimes if the photo is to big it doesn`t load,try resizing.
Old 12-Jul-2005, 19:48
Mille

my new sil motor pipes!

you was right sparkin!!! compressed the image a bit and on it went...many thanks.

[Edited on 12-7-2005 by remfanuk]
Old 12-Jul-2005, 19:59
Big Twin

Nice pipes man.May be well see them on the Narfuk Fish and chip run with the others from Lincs/Cambs