Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Sep-2005, 00:18

Mood: depressed!
Have you seen this SS?

Duke'ists,
The attached pic is a 750SS that I built from a pile of scrap a couple of yeras or so ago. I sold it to a South African guy, and I am wondering if it is still blasting around London.
It is pretty unique as you can see, and the more I look at the picture the more I think 'Why did I sell It???'
I am bidding on a wrecker again on ebay, so hopefully I will be able to do the same thing again, only better!
If anyone has seen the beauty about, let me know!

I LOVE SS's probably more than any other bike that I have had, bar none! soul... pure beauty and soul!

Ride safe
Levers
Old 10-Sep-2005, 00:40
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
Looks really nice Levers and you obviously have great taste.

If you are going to that much trouble though, why wouldn't you go for a 900 instead?
Old 10-Sep-2005, 09:54
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Very nice - I like the paintwork, good to see a bike thats a little bit different.

Gotta agree with Chi though - go for the big boy

Frank
Old 10-Sep-2005, 12:14
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Nice. I'm beginning to get into them. I think SS's make a an ideal real-world sportsbike. The latest rockets are just too fast and demand to be ridden too fast which, is these times is a sure fire way to losing one's licence or ending up in casualty.
Old 10-Sep-2005, 15:03

Oh no, don't get me wrong. It would always be the 900 if possible, I've had two of them and they're great. The 750 is good ,though down on power slightly, but to be fair not really where it counted , on the road. What the 750 lacked was the rough grunt of the 900, and it's that raw edge of the 900 I prefer.
I only bought the 750 because it was so cheap, and along with a crashed 900 at the same time with a wrecked engine spawned the bike you see before you!
I have an SRX600 which is for those who don't know, a yamaha 600 cafe race single at the moment. I am in the last stage of a rebuild on that, and once sold hopefullya SS will be my next project.
Levers.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:44
Mille

Yep-nice looking SS. I've just bought an 851 SP2, so I may have to sell my 1994 750SS to keep the bank manager happy, but I'm reluctant as they look so good. I'm wondering what people's views are on these bikes regarding any increase in value over the next few years - their not the most glamorous Duke, but they have such charm and style, I'm wondering if I should hold onto it for a few years to see what happens. Or are they just not in limited enough numbers to be candidates for increases ?

Come on, if a mk.I cortina can achive 'classic' status, the SS must be a sure fire winner !

Pic attached.

Matthew
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:46
Mille

And one more pic ...
Old 13-Sep-2005, 05:07
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally posted by DucatiRossI'm wondering if I should hold onto it for a few years to see what happens. Or are they just not in limited enough numbers to be candidates for increases ?

IMHO, I think you're correct - because the SS bikes were made in such high numbers and they don't really have any real racing history behind them, they won't demand a high price as a collectible. It doesn't mean that the SS is not a cherished bike. On the contrary!

What it does mean is that a bike, especially an SS, should be ridden and not an investment.

Just enjoy the bike!

[Edited on 13-9-2005 by edwyun]
Old 18-Sep-2005, 01:07
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
In France where the SS have always been loved, the 900 carbs are becoming collection bikes. Most of them are sold between 4500 and 5000 euros, when SSie are sold between 5000 and 5500 euros. It's not rare to find an SS and an SSie with the same mileage (kilometrage) at the same price... My dream is a 91 model, with white frame and wheels. How beautiful...
Old 18-Sep-2005, 21:03

SS Beautiful

To me the SS is a beauty, and from the side view you can see where the designers of the 999 got their inspiration. The square headlamp is a bit dated granted, but the trellis frame, slab sides, slim front, sculptered tank, plus the gold brembo's , twin booming zorsts, and the deep red all do it for me. I have had many many many bikes, and few have touched me so deep as the SS. Maybe I'm getting old but I love 'em. Roll on SS number 5!