Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Mar-2009, 21:32
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
DD Trophy Presentation

I took a few shots of today's 2008 DD Trophy Winners at JHP's in Coventry this afternoon.(Attached at the bottom)

A very Windy ride to Coventry and back today, not to sure if Matt will ever go on the bike of my bike again, looked a bit green and shakey when we got back to Lincoln

The usual good hospitality by Mr John Hackett, I think Matt was some what
in awe to have JH offer to make him a coffee when we got there

He soon overcame his nerves and asked Mr Hackett to give a personal tour around the workshop, cheeky boy

A big thanks to Mr Tony Rutter for handing out the trophy's.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Cleggy.JPG Views:	216 Size:	117.8 KB ID:	10409  Click image for larger version Name:	Miss Riot.JPG Views:	215 Size:	134.0 KB ID:	10410  Click image for larger version Name:	Miss Riot 1.JPG Views:	207 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	10411  Click image for larger version Name:	Miss Riot 2.JPG Views:	214 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	10412  Click image for larger version Name:	Matt.JPG Views:	209 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	10413  

Old 14-Mar-2009, 21:35
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

and a few more

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Matt 1.JPG Views:	181 Size:	123.6 KB ID:	10414  Click image for larger version Name:	Senna.JPG Views:	181 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	10415  Click image for larger version Name:	Senna 1.JPG Views:	185 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	10416  Click image for larger version Name:	Franco.JPG Views:	179 Size:	122.9 KB ID:	10417  Click image for larger version Name:	Franco1.JPG Views:	193 Size:	115.9 KB ID:	10418  

Old 14-Mar-2009, 21:45
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
I was hoping to be there today, but a buyer for my crashed car arrived and needs must.

Mr Rutter looks like he had taken a shine to Miss Riot. :-)
Franco you should have called in to see me.
Old 14-Mar-2009, 22:07
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
so, who got what for what?
Old 14-Mar-2009, 22:30
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
so, who got what for what?

Just in case anyone has not received the email or any non dders want to go along to support:

The awarding of the 2008 Championship trophies along with the other DD trophies will take place at Ducati Coventry on the afternoon of Saturday the March 14th between 3pm and 4pm

Trophies to be Awarded:
Class A - 1st, 2nd & 3rd
Ian Cobby, Mike Dawson, Richard Fogg
Class B - 1st, 2nd & 3rd
Matt Traynar, Dominic Clegg, Harriet Ridley
Golden Tank Award (for Crashing)
Dave Harris Trophy (For the Spirit of DD) Kev ( Senna 3)
JHP award - For best presented bike (Franco Nisco)

John Hackett is going to try and arrange for Tony Rutter winner of seven TTs between 1973 and 1985 to present the trophies

Chris
Old 14-Mar-2009, 22:31
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Separated at birth?

Old 14-Mar-2009, 22:43
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Separated at birth?

PMSL

Chris
Old 14-Mar-2009, 23:08
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Good to catch up with eveyone today, nice to see so many Class B riders in attendance.
Well done to those receiving their Silverware, Harriet seemed as pleased as ever to be picking up a trophy and Dom still has a big grin on his face when his name is called out just like he did when I first watched him pick up a DD trophy at Cadwell. I think Matt has got to used to picking up trophies but its not many that get handed a winners trophy by a 4 times world champion.
Well done to Senna3 for picking up the Dave Harris Award, well deserved mate I have seen with my own eyes the dedication you have put into DD over the last 4 seasons.
And congratulations to Franco on his trophy, when your bike turned up at the begining of the year in its pearlescent painted bodywork including the modfied 1098 fairing it certainly stood out as a specil effort.

Big thanks to Tony Rutter for presenting the awards and for spending the time talking to people and answering their questions
And a big thanks to John and all his staff for their Hospitality.

Afterwards a few of us popped next door for a meal, a drink and a chat, must say the food and drink was good value and the company excellent.

Sadly none of the Class A trophy winners were present so Harriet collected the Class A winners trophy on Cobby's behalf, I'll try and remember to bring the other two to Donington in case the trophy winners turn up there.

ps
It was good to see Sam West looking fit and healthy and minus the crutches that he had with him the last time we met

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 15-Mar-2009, 07:36
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Sorry Matt - it was a Magners moment!!
Old 15-Mar-2009, 09:37
500SD

well we had a great day - it was very windy on the way over and the way home but apart from the last 50 miles, we managed well on our honda mile munchers comfy bums all round.

matt's cheekiness and liz's cheekiness resulted in a great workshop tour and a great cup of tea

i'd not met john hackett before and he really was a star. Liz took one look at some bits in the engine room and said to me "well i dont know what all that does" so we had a lesson on the basic workings of an engine. not even the slightest hint of "you should know this, you ride a bike", just a really clear explanation of what was going on and what everything did.

matt and my dad were in seventh heaven while liz and i just admired the shiny things and how tidy the workshop was. liz is staying with me for a bit at the moment and the pair of us have a somewhat relaxed attitude to dust, so it really was impressive.

i'd not been to JHP before either and i definitely hope to be back.

a big well done to all the trophy winners, and great to see sam west healed and ready to race again.

even if we did only recognise him by his dad (he's had his hair cut!)

320 miles clocked up by the time we got back but well worth every one of them to catch up with all my friends again. dad came because he was round the corner at another bike workshop in coventry and i got a frantic phone call from my mum asking why he wasnt home yet as he was normally back by 4. we didnt leave JHP til well after 4.30 sorry mum

big thanks to skids for organising and to all at JHP