Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Oct-2009, 03:43
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Smile Cadwell report - the badger blog

Well all the hype surrounding the final round of the season wasn't just vicious rumour, it's as true as I went on my arse.

Arriving late Friday in the dark wasn't a problem, I had beer! The melle surrounding scrutineering and noise testing was, after waiting for 15 mins for my turn at scrutineering the noise testing began therefore I had to queue up again. The testing guys were in a proper strop as everyone fired up and was revving the nuts off their machine meaning they couldn't get true results, the background noise was enough to nearly fail.

One suggestion for next year, can people who are there in good time get scrutineered/noise tested in the order they are out? A couple of 80-600 allcomers were only just out on time because of the huge number of classics ahead of them in the queue.

Anyway, I was done and one of the first out on track but not for long. After 3 laps I was feeling good and took coppice at full welly, knocked it down one at the top, tipped in and fell off! Nobody behind me with a sneaky camera though. The marshalls were very sympathetic (honest they were!) saying there was oil in the week and the light drizzle could've brought it out, good excuse and I'll stay with it. Only damage was a snapped bar but with a couple of spares with me I felt slightly miffed but not disheartened.

DD qually and allcomers race were utter kack, my head was in the wrong place and my sphincter resembled Dot Cotton sucking a lemon, the demond were in my head. I asked Cobby to cast a quick eye over the badger and he said all was ok, as Mr Cox had told me "stop being soft, it's all in your head". How very true he was, the 2 DD races were brilliant, me and Coxy must've swapped places 10 times. He took both off me due to very opportunistic moves after a missed gear and a trip on the green stuff, 0.25s in the 1st and 0.50s in the 2nd. Huge grins and back slapping followed in the paddock.

The Saturday night was as good as you'll get at any race meet and if you missed it? Well, what goes on tour stays on tour, top night but maybe 1.30 was a little too late when the track awaits in the morning, or maybe I should've stayed up?

Sunday and the fun continued but this time with Shane and Dave joining in, the allcomers was the pick for us with a different leader in almost each lap. Shane had his usual flyer of a start but we reeled him in for a good dice, yours truly taking the bragging rights this time. DD 1 was a bit different, a decent start left Coxy behind and late braking at Park took me past Shane to put me behind Nog. Nog pulled away and I managed to stay with him for a few laps, even being cheeky enough to get past him for half a lap untill another missed gear let him bugger off. This was the race were Shep didn't lap me and I was well chuffed at that although I did finish over 2 mins behind but that didn't matter as I completed the full 8 laps in a race at Cadwell, woo hoo.

Fortunes changed in the final race of the season, sat waiting for the sighting lap I looked round to Shane who wasn't a happy bunny, head towards the sky and eyes full of dread at the wet stuff on his visor. Round the track for the start and we were 2 riders down already, Hall bends and the pit lane consuming 1 each, another glance to Shane and he gave the signal he wasn't gonna risk it, thank the lord because I wasn't up for this either. True to form I got my best ever start and made up at least 6 places into coppice, round Charlies and down park with my arse in the air. I looked up and saw a red and yellow being waved, memories of the previous day came back and I must admit my bottle went, I sat up and continued at a decent pace but nothing like race speed, Coxy passed and disappeared, the loon.

Frequent checks behind made sure I wasn't being a pest, I just wanted to finish. By time the drizzle had stopped it was too late and I was back to being lapped again, I moved over and hung out a leg to let Shep and 2 other through just after Mansfield's on my last lap. A minute later I'd took the chequered flag and my 1st racing season was over and I was still alive, result! My first victory came in a very splendid raffle, where I picked up a Foggy signed T-shirt, just after a presentation all of the other classes must have wished they had.

Well done to Shep and Sam, thanks to Trudi, Gordon, Chris and all of my fellow DDers for a truly amazing introduction to racing. Check out my end of season report to see how I got here and what it means to me to be part of it.

Till next March, adios and keep your bowels open.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 10-Oct-2009, 10:05
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Nice write up Scott, i enjoy reading the ones from the newer racers, so will look forward to your end of season report

Add some Lead to Shanes bike and that'll slow him down off the line

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Oct-2009, 13:33
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Dot Cotton.....LMFAO!!!
Old 10-Oct-2009, 14:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Great stuff Scott. As it has been said I love reading these reports. Now that we have both got our first season out of the way, bring on the racing 2010.

Craig
Old 10-Oct-2009, 15:20
500SD

Mood: Moto Guzzi are the new Ducati??
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Nice write up Scott, i enjoy reading the ones from the newer racers, so will look forward to your end of season report

Add some Lead to Shanes bike and that'll slow him down off the line

As Skids says
'Come on in the Midfield is lovely' and makes a good read too.
Well Written, well done.

Without those in the middle and at the back the front would be a lonely place!
Old 11-Oct-2009, 01:58
Bikes: Suzuki gsxr600 and yamaha fzr1000 exup

Mood: Moody...lol
One of the off's through hall @ cadwell

From the desmo due @ cadwell. It was a great set of races loved the sound of them ducati's. I felt bad for this guy going down on the warmup lap though.

Old 11-Oct-2009, 14:28
DSC Club Member
Bikes: Triumph Sprint ST & Ducati 620SS

Mood: Always Angry
The Badger

Hope I get my first eagerly awaited go on the Badger soon!!!! Anglesey here we come.
Old 11-Oct-2009, 17:58
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO22ER
Hope I get my first eagerly awaited go on the Badger soon!!!! Anglesey here we come.

No prob matey but be very careful, you may be able to pilot your 1098 to SOT championships but if the badger sees a small creature in the grass anything could happen. Let's just hope he's scared of the sea.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 11-Oct-2009, 19:49
Montjuic

Wow! crackin rodeo moments, the first picture you've got there is actually when the bike was on it's second swing, the rear went out to the left to start with, high side inferno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce-images.com
From the desmo due @ cadwell. It was a great set of races loved the sound of them ducati's. I felt bad for this guy going down on the warmup lap though.

Old 11-Oct-2009, 20:34
Bikes: Suzuki gsxr600 and yamaha fzr1000 exup

Mood: Moody...lol
Pics

I think i just posted a thread in the wrong bit. I've put a load of pics up in the series info and not in this bit.

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=80859