Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Jul-2006, 17:32

I'd like to try a 999 on a track

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a 999, but I would like to try it before, possibly away from cars.

Initially I was thinking I could go to one of those DRE (Ducati Riding Experience) racing courses in Imola. They are on 999 and very well organised. Problem, all the available dates up to October are fully booked. They restart in March 2007.
That would have been ideal, 999 and course at the same time and in my country. I've never been on a track.

I called Ducati UK and apparently sometimes they lend bikes to trackdays.
They will do it for example in august in Cadwell Park, I don't know the exact dates.
So potentially you could call them and agree for a specific bike to be delivered to the track. You sign a disclaimer with a £500 excess and it's done.
Whether you can enjoy the bike all the day or whether you have to share it with other people I don't know.

So two problems here.

1. I'd like to know when Ducati UK are doing this lending exercise again after August, because I don't think I can make August. They said that Ducati Sporting Club would help me find the information on September-October.

2. Ideally I'd like to try the 999 in track days with associated course before.

Is there anybody who knows something about it and could help me?

Thanks

Valentina
Old 27-Jul-2006, 11:15
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
have been on 2 trackdays where DucatiUK had loan bikes. Ducatisporting club day at brands hatch last year was one of them. They have multistrada, ST3, 749 and 999 available and yes you sign a form which means you pay any damage upto 500 pounds. You do have to share it - but depends on how many want to have a go - you sign in and choose a session in your group to make sure you get what you want when you want it - i ride a 2002 748 and tried a 999 - the time i tried it was raining so couldn't push it - it was spinning the back wheel over the white lines on the grid at silverstone - but the brakes are really nice and it does feel a bit more comfortable. i am sure someone will be along soon the DSC trackday this year is at cadwell but not sure if ducatiuk are there too. buona fortuna
Old 27-Jul-2006, 13:41
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
when i went to wdw 2004 tryed a 999 and was blown away by it
and all i had to do to take it around the track was sign a one page disclaimer and i got the keys. well thats italy for you

iv alway wanted to have a go on a multi
Old 27-Jul-2006, 15:35

Thanks Dominic and Misterpink for your replies.

Misterpink, a question for you. When is the DSC Cadwell trackday this year? Am I supposed to find the information on the DSC website?
I'll then call Ducati UK and see if they are going to be there.

Also are the DSC trackdays with or without racing course?

Thanks
Valentina
Old 27-Jul-2006, 15:45

Got the dates , it's all in the calendar.
Old 27-Jul-2006, 16:17
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I can thoroughly recommed the DRE course, and the 999. I did DRE last year at Imola, first (and only) time I've ridden a 999. Compared to my 996 it was just so much easier to ride, I'd love one, totally sold on it on that one experience.
Cheers
Martin
Old 27-Jul-2006, 19:09
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban996
I can thoroughly recommed the DRE course, and the 999. I did DRE last year at Imola, first (and only) time I've ridden a 999. Compared to my 996 it was just so much easier to ride, I'd love one, totally sold on it on that one experience.
Cheers
Martin
Yep,awesome bikes.Dont listen to all the "ooh,they are ugly and wont be worth *****e when the 1200 comes out!" nonsence.
Love my 999S to bits,...and hey,at this rate it'll become a limited edition!
Old 27-Jul-2006, 19:13
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Valentina - This thread might be useful for you:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=31513

Contact Lizzie about joining up and booking the trackdays.
Old 28-Jul-2006, 12:54

Hi Phillc,

yes, I got the name Lizzie, a kind lady member Redruth has already forwarded some of my stuff to Lizzie.
I should hopefully get in touch with Lizzie soon, join the club and work from there.
If I can make it, I'll join the DSC track days in Cadwell Park on August 21st and 22nd, when apparently Ducati UK are going to be there with bikes, to be checked.

I sold my GSX-R600 a couple of months ago. I think it will be quite a jump going from Suzuki to Ducati in terms of cost and above all power, but I'm having my Italian time and I have decided I want to invest a little bit more on my country products!!!

Thanks everybody for your advice.

Lucky guy this Urban996 who managed to get his place in the DRE course.

Valentina
Old 28-Jul-2006, 18:19
DSC Club Member

We (Ducati UK) are due to be there and we would usually take a Superbike of some description. Usually we only allow one session per bike per person (to allow people a fair crack of the whip) but you should be able to convince them of one in the morning and one in the afternoon given you are looking to buy!

Ciao.

Tim Maccabee