Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 21-Feb-2011, 17:52
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown
Why should the price be the same whether you are doing a training day on Saturday or just the Trackday or have I missed something?

Yea that is messed up pricing, OK I see a CSS on Sat and full circuit on Sun £500. But if you choose track day only £500 NOOOooo.

And 80 riders per group on Sun, I know its a big circuit but 80

No Sunday only tickets ? I think maybe there will be if they cant fill all of sat + the grandstands.
I really dont understand this at all, its a TOP chance for Ducati UK to sell its brand, show off, demonstrate etc and they restrict entry ???? WTF
" I'm thinking of buying a new Ducati, certainly sir that will be £50"
I'm so disapointed in what could be such a great event.

PS:
Send me a picture of your Ballis Paul, that'll save me a few quid to look at it.

Craig
Old 21-Feb-2011, 18:23
Mille

I could understand say 320 for the two days on track but not 495 & 50 to spectate is certainly not going to encourage new wanna be Duke riders.

Can't comment on the 80 people on track as I've not done Silverstone but it does sound a lot.

This is why DSC should be getting together with nolimits to provide an alternative duke TD event.
Old 21-Feb-2011, 18:58
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Sorry but to pay £1000 pounds for myself & cathy to go on track, irrelivent of the CSS is just not justifiable in the present economic climate, so i am afraid i will be giving that part of it a miss.
As for the £50 entry for the weekend including food, nice idea if you are staying over for the weekend, but not if you are only going to be able to get there for part of one of the day's, that one I will have to think about.
I know it is the first of it's kind and has no history of what you get for your money etc, who you will be able to see from the GP world from Ducati??, there will not be any Factory WSBK team there either.
I wish DUK all the best, maybe there will be a differant formatt next year, we will just have to wait and see.
This is not meant to be a Moaning thread, but the reality for some of us is we just can not afford it :-(

Roll on the DSC trackday at Cadwell later this year :-)

Chris

Last edited by chris.p : 21-Feb-2011 at 19:57.
Old 21-Feb-2011, 19:54
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Beerrllimeyyyy !!!

Thats very steep - good luck to them moving the tickets.

I accept the value argument from the CSS perspective but Im struggling to get my head round the value in £50 for getting in and £100 for three demo laps.

Thought for the day...me, MJS, etc did the ducati racing school at Imola on their bikes, their fuel, 1 instructor per 3 people, and it was less than £500 including flights !
Old 21-Feb-2011, 20:13
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
yep got that Paul. I'm sure that all they will go to..

Actually Paul, I have no say whatsoever on who gets what tickets - I may even have to pay for my own ticket to man the DSC stand on the day, just like I will pay for my DSC membership again this year even though I'm the chairman!

If there are any more tickets available than we need to man the stand, then there will be a draw for them and members will get them.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 21-Feb-2011, 20:40
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Actually Paul, I have no say whatsoever on who gets what tickets - I may even have to pay for my own ticket to man the DSC stand on the day, just like I will pay for my DSC membership again this year even though I'm the chairman!

If there are any more tickets available than we need to man the stand, then there will be a draw for them and members will get them.

glad to hear it, that the MT (or whatever it is called thesedays) has already agreed to have this kind of draw ala the old days with the GP. If someone is trawling their bike there AND manning the event its right they get a ticket, otherwise lets have the membership see some benefit (for once) for the fees that have been paid.

will there be a thread, or an email, or letter to register?
Old 21-Feb-2011, 20:45
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyboy
Beerrllimeyyyy !!!

Thats very steep - good luck to them moving the tickets.

I accept the value argument from the CSS perspective but Im struggling to get my head round the value in £50 for getting in and £100 for three demo laps.

Thought for the day...me, MJS, etc did the ducati racing school at Imola on their bikes, their fuel, 1 instructor per 3 people, and it was less than £500 including flights !

Too right Nat... and the lunch was top quality
Old 21-Feb-2011, 20:52
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
glad to hear it, that the MT (or whatever it is called thesedays) has already agreed to have this kind of draw ala the old days with the GP. If someone is trawling their bike there AND manning the event its right they get a ticket, otherwise lets have the membership see some benefit (for once) for the fees that have been paid.

will there be a thread, or an email, or letter to register?

I'd like to think that whoever volunteers to give up their time (when they could be out enjoying their own bikes) to man the stand etc. would get their entry tickets provided.

Martin
Old 21-Feb-2011, 21:13
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS
I'd like to think that whoever volunteers to give up their time (when they could be out enjoying their own bikes) to man the stand etc. would get their entry tickets provided.

Martin

normally Martin yep would agree, but like all these things, how long do you have to spend on there to say thats why you went; ie supporting the club rather than free entry then disappearing off? Spend an hour on the stand - would that qualify for a freebie? What is 'reasonable'?

It's tough to know why its riled me so much; that we have lost our trackday and this was hailed as a bit of a replacement (whether directly said or not)? That most longstanding Ducati riders I know wont be able to afford or justify that kind of cost? That I'd be charged for just a couple of hours of chat and banter as I drop in (as I do at other TDs) to see mates taking part? Or that what was being hailed as a Ducati get together is actually a revenue generating event rather than break even at best and widen the appeal and thank all those Ducatisti that still spend cash in the strapped economic times...

Conscious I'll be coming accross as negative at best, bitter and twisted at worst, on this thread and also my FB discussion, and genuinely hope its a success so those who do feel its worth paying enjoy the event.

time for me to step off the box I think, I'm sure you'll all enjoy it
Old 21-Feb-2011, 21:18
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Is it April 1st? - this is not right :sic: