Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Jun-2005, 10:34
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Everton,

The bike was 9 months old and had covered 1600 miles. Rejecting the bike on the grounds that it was not fit for purpose (Sale of Goods Act) is exactly what I'm doing (hence the solicitor). I'm still waiting on this report which will indicate liability or not, which is the hold up. As I said above if one brake disc has turned blue from overheating and one is still the normal silver, how can that NOT be a mechanical problem? Obviously no-one wants to admit there was a fault...

I have spoken with DUK a few times, and they just say "we're waiting on the report from Brembo". Not good enough in my opinion - they must know whether there was a fault or not by now.
Old 02-Jun-2005, 11:28
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
I agree with you all on this one, four months is FAR TOO LONG to wait for an outcome.

Come on Ducati, if you want to keep customer loyalty then SORT IT OUT asap, thats how to keep people happy and not to upset lots more people !!!

Andy
Old 02-Jun-2005, 12:14
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
that is too long to wait - and if it stretches out further you will get the "august" shutdown which starts in july and continues into september.
i didn't buy a 749 because of this and others problems - bought the end of run 748 instead, but makes you wonder about Ducati - they can't rely on us "faithfull" buying with hearts rather than minds forever?? its pretty tough out there. Wish i could help - good luck.
Old 03-Jun-2005, 21:42
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
Just a thought but are Brembo going to be impartial enough to check one of their own products?
Old 03-Jun-2005, 23:37
Big Twin

No idea, you'd hope so though. My insurers have a report on the bike as they inspected it before Brembo were sent the parts. Plus I have photographs of the bike from just after the accident, and Ducati Manchester did a strip down/photo report for Ducati UK. Their report should match all the other findings.
Old 07-Jun-2005, 10:05
Big Twin

Outstanding finance, so my finance company are involved too...