Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Jun-2005, 14:51
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Termi assymetric kit - component prices inside...

Quote:
£699 is about the same as you would be for a Termi assymetric race silencer , carbon cover , front pipe with no cat and carbon leg guard and a pair of hi-flow air filters to make it work properly

I saw this in another thread, and thought I'd see if it was true. A few people have quoted this figure, so I've just done some research on the parts in the assymetric system:

Termi can = £581.39
Front cylinder link pipe (no cat) = £120.75
Nuts, bolts and seals = £13.87
Fitting plug for can = £64.40
Carbon heat guard = £192.30
Racing air filters = £67.08

Grand total? £1039.79

On the Ducati Manchester website, they're offering the complete assymetric Termi kit (including CPU) for £950.

Looks like it's cheaper to buy the complete Termi kit after all...

[Edited on 23-6-2005 by Twinfan]
Old 23-Jun-2005, 15:51
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
I just phoned the dealer here in Aberdeen and he confirmed the above prices (give or take a few £)

I got all my bits over a year ago (so did 749R from Glasgow) and the prices were much lower , the filters for example were only about £20 , the silencer was about £350 and the carbon cover for it another £100 , Ducati must have cottoned on to people doing this and put the individual prices up to make assymetric systems a more attractive deal.

What is the "fitting plug" £64.40 ?
Old 23-Jun-2005, 15:53
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
No idea, but I guess it's some sort of gasket for the de-cat front cylinder pipework. Quite pricey, whatever it is.

Like you say, Ducati must have cottoned onto the deal and put the prices up.
Old 23-Jun-2005, 16:11
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
The de-cat front pipe is identical to the standard pipe that it replaces apart from the cat itself (which is inside the tube) and a small heat shield at the cat location. There is a "plug" in it , halfway along the horizontal section on the nearside , this is for the external fuel analyser computer , it's only a 12mm brass plug , that surely can't be £64 , and you just use the one from the standard pipe anyway so why buy one ?

I have fitted a 54mm full system to a 999S , taken it off that and fitted it to a 749S , and fitted an assymetric system to my 749R and never , ever seen anything which could be described as a "fitting plug" , I'll not get to sleep tonight unless I find out what it is now