Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Jan-2012, 23:23
Bikes: Ducati 999

Mood: Happy - always
New 999- yippee!

Hi all,

New to this as I have just got rid of my Jap bike (Kawasaki) and gone to the dark side of the force and bought a 2005 999.

Okay...... Apart from the belts being changed (which I have been assured they have !!!!) is there anything else I should check out on the bike or are there any common things I should look out for (as with all bikes)?

May change the belts anyway for piece of mind as I'm not convinced they have been !

Anyway .... Thanks all

Brian
Old 18-Jan-2012, 00:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Welcome, introduce your self here http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/fo...play.php?f=186

If your not sure about belts get them done or ask the seller for the invoice on when they were done, panels off good look round, check everything is tight, check your sprockets for wear and tight spots on the chain, give it a good clean spray with Scottoiler FS 365 panels back on and ride it
Old 18-Jan-2012, 14:01
Mille
Bikes: 999 bip zx6r DD

Hi and welcome
great bike but keep an eye on the side stand and err I would avoid very high or long wheelies! - unless you have a deep sump
Old 18-Jan-2012, 15:41

Thanks for the advice on the belts. The Dealer assures me they have been done ! - As you say ... I will check myself and give it a good FS 365!

As for the long wheelies....Yes..I'll definitely avoid that (at least until I get used to a V-Twin!!!!)

Thanks again all!

Brian
Old 21-Jan-2012, 22:48

the earth lead on the battery is a common problem, the wire comes loose from the connecter and can cause intermitant problems, mine it would start only when it felt like it. just cleaned up the parts and recrimped it,tends to fur up when stood for awhile too. they dont like the cold and damp (england) that is for sure. excellent bikes and crowd you wont regret it!!
Old 25-Jan-2012, 22:37

Hey Hugh,

Thanks for the advice. Will take a look. I live in Scotland so even colder and damper !!!!!!!

It's wrapped up nice and snug in my garage at the moment waiting for a nice day !

Regards,

Brian