Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Feb-2005, 15:58
Big Twin

Mood: r
i can see me being with-out the bike in march if its not sorted,if jhp dont have any luck with the new ecu,its going back to ducati leeds where i bought it from,i shall set a deadline of 28 days then ask for a replacement, when you pay out £13,000 for a bike it makes you want a 100% working order bike,sounds fair to me?
Old 07-Feb-2005, 15:58
Big Twin

Once at island T/L's
Once at roadworks T/L's

Both times: ticking over nicely, been standing for less than minute at lights, clutch in, first gear, immediate stall. Started again no problem and not happened in last thousand niles, so far so good.

Agree with Green1 though, RSV mille looks decent value. Less servicing cost too.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 16:00
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Pedro

With any luck JHP will get this sorted for you, but out of interest, how often does it do this?

does it stall when you are moving at all, or is it just coming into a stop or when idling? You said its when you downchange? this seems a bit strange.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 16:23
Big Twin

it cuts when moving,when you close the throttle-change down,it cuts out when tick-over, as for how often,its done under 800 miles so every time i was out running it it.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 16:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
burn it
Old 07-Feb-2005, 16:58
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Well if you must insist on a replacement I'm sure Ducati Leeds will swap your nice carbon bodied model for one of the new plastic bodied ones , I'm also sure it will have exactly the same idling problem as ALL 748/9's have ...................alternatively you could always buy a nice little Honda
Old 07-Feb-2005, 16:59
Ducati in my Blood

when you are actually moving??

so changing down from 5th to 4th for example??

Mine would only cut out when moving if i shut off quickly. Classic was coming into lights or roundabout and not expecting to have to stop so shutting off and grabbing brake whilst trrying to change down quickly. but even so as I was either coming to a standstill or stop it was not an issue as i just hit the start again (don't try dropping the clutch and hoping it will bump - it just ain't gonna happen .. )

I now ride it differently and have adjusted to shut off more progressively and less sudden and its far better.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:04
Big Twin

it cuts when you slow down from any speed to a stand still,around the 20mph mark when moving with a closed throttle
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:08
Ducati in my Blood

yep that sounds about right!!

i appreciate you want your bike to run well, but without saying tough luck i think that although the chip should improve things if you shut off or slow down very quickly it can and will continue to do this

as i have said I adapted my riding anyway, but it has got noticeable better with age and deffo after running in ( i panicked when it first did it on the way homoe from picking it up!!) I now try to slow down much more and use the gears and it is much less likely to cut out although it still does it on idle at times.

If they cannot sort it your only option maybe to ask them to give you a 999r instead

I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:51
Big Twin

My 749 bip has done it two or three times in the 500 miles that Ive ridden it. Again, on closed throttle, clutch in, coming to a set of lights...its not the most confidence inspiring thing to happen. Had to coast to a stop at the side of the road. Wasn't happy at all

But it did fire up straight away and my big grin soon returned