Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:00
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Yep, same symptoms I had on my 749S. It must be the cam timing, same as mine was?
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:05
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1
This has been an on-going problem with my 999r , I've ran the race system and the correct ecu supplied from new. I had the idle increased this weekend but still the bike cuts out after a long blast, or when I'm going to pull away, even though the bike operating temperature.
My bike is booked in for a full set up /dyno run etc.
My worry is that there seems to be a wide spread problem, this leads on to the big question ( a hot topic last week )about fitting power commanders, is this the only answer , or should Ducati be holding their hands up????

Oh ****!!! 999R's do it too??

Why do you Duc owners unite and actually do something about it???
I mean ACT and make Ducati sort it out at their cost.

One thing is to have a couple of bikes doing that, but when it's a spread issue......... it means there's something fishy there.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:08
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
it means its a highly tuned engine surely??

i accepted it as although it was a bit disconcerting at first i have adjusted and got used to it and hardly even notice it now. If it was a choice of a Duc with this one small issue or a Honda I know where my money would go....

[Edited on 7-2-2005 by Lily]
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:10
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Spot on Lily.

If you want an easy life go buy Jap.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:13
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
ducsoon

i think you have to put it in perspective. There will always be issues with bikes, no matter what make. Ducatis are always highlighted as having problems and being troublesome, but as has been said here once set up right they run great.

Go and buy one you will love it

Yeah Lil, i understand that and it's natural that some bikes (but in a small number) have issues, but when it's something a lot of the same bikes have then it's a serious issue.

The bikes i had so far were all problem free (even my Italian Mille R never gave me a problem).
My current 04 R1 only had a small clutch issue that was fixed with the first oil change.

As for the Duc............ i'm sure i'll love it as long as she doesn't have to spend a lot of time in the garage...
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:16
Big Twin

I agree it may be the case that its a highly tuned engine, but surely its not THAT highly tuned that we have to suffer cut outs like that?

I'm not complaining too much because its only happened a few times to me, but I agree with DucSoon? that we should get together and demand a solution from Ducati. We've spent a lot of money on their machines, and continue to do so with servicing and parts, I think its only fair that Ducati should provide us with a solution to a problem which seems to be affecting most owners.

Perhaps its a British trait not to complain, I reckon American Ducatisti are getting lawyers ready for a big day in court!
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:16
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
it means its a highly tuned engine surely??

i accepted it as although it was a bit disconcerting at first i have adjusted and got used to it and hardly even notice it now. If it was a choice of a Duc with this one small issue or a Hon..hon..hon..unrecognised word I know where my money would go....

[Edited on 7-2-2005 by Lily]

Yeah i know what you're saying........ i don't want a Hon...hon....hon.... unrecognised word , but why can't i have a Duc that's problem free??? I'm paying for it ain't i?
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:17
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
the question is is it an issue or a somehwat odd feature?

yes its disconcerting dont get me wrong and i guess it could be an issue if it did it alot as Pedro's seems to be doing. But there are ways to improve this with the chip or the power commander and the rest is down to how you ride.

An example of something similar with a Honda.... the older fireblades were renowned for having serious tank slappers due to the front end wobbling. You could either live with it or buy a damper! the damper improved things no end, but it could still do it if your rode it hard.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:18
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by beancounter
Spot on Lily.

If you want an easy life go buy Jap.

No, no, no, no....... the Duc will make company to the 05 MV F4 1000 (well..... soon enough, i hope)
Old 07-Feb-2005, 17:20
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Ducsoon - just go get one, you'll love it.

As for Honda - well the SP1/2s haven't exactly got good reputations for fueling!