Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Aug-2006, 15:18
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Shout Outs!

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone that made me feel really welcome at my first DD meet over the weekend. I had an absolute ball and will very much be looking to Desmodueing it again.

Thanks firstly to Phil for trusting me with his bike, and being sensitive enough to ease my nervousness about binning it by going out and sliding it up the road. just to rag the edges a touch you understand. It takes a lot of balls to go and crash your bike on purpose, just so that some stranger doesn't have to worry about it.

Also, thanks to Dom for organising it in the first place (is there anything around here that he doesn't organise?)

All the weekend was about for me, was to see if I liked the bikes and see if I liked the folk in the paddock. It was a resounding yes on both counts (I hated the wet qualifying though!).

Met some lovely people....Chass and his ace photographer son, Alec (nice pics dude), Ali, Kelly, Rattler and da family, kyle, Mark etc etc etc etc. Hope to see y'all real soon...as in Sep 3rd soon.

Cheers,

Timotei shampooooo.
Old 14-Aug-2006, 16:09
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Be good to have you back Tim, a fine addition to the DD paddock. We'll put you through the initiation ceremony next time, OK?
Old 16-Aug-2006, 13:02
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grib
Be good to have you back Tim, a fine addition to the DD paddock. We'll put you through the initiation ceremony next time, OK?
Is that the one where you have to get dressed up as tony the tiger ?
Old 16-Aug-2006, 14:50
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Thumbs up DD racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone that made me feel really welcome at my first DD meet over the weekend. I had an absolute ball and will very much be looking to Desmodueing it again.

Thanks firstly to Phil for trusting me with his bike, and being sensitive enough to ease my nervousness about binning it by going out and sliding it up the road. just to rag the edges a touch you understand. It takes a lot of balls to go and crash your bike on purpose, just so that some stranger doesn't have to worry about it.

Also, thanks to Dom for organising it in the first place (is there anything around here that he doesn't organise?)

All the weekend was about for me, was to see if I liked the bikes and see if I liked the folk in the paddock. It was a resounding yes on both counts (I hated the wet qualifying though!).

Met some lovely people....Chass and his ace photographer son, Alec (nice pics dude), Ali, Kelly, Rattler and da family, kyle, Mark etc etc etc etc. Hope to see y'all real soon...as in Sep 3rd soon.

Cheers,

Timotei shampooooo.

Go get yourself a bike dude you know you want to:-)
Old 17-Aug-2006, 10:45
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Hey Chass,

You're right, I do want to go out and get a bike...but funds won't quite allow that at the minute.

'Tis mighty frustrating as I want to get out at Snett.