Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Oct-2013, 12:37
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
an Awesome 2013 !

At first I thought having to miss the first half of the season was a bit of a bummer, but when I turned up at Donington Park on my brand new bike, and not doing the test day either, with no expectations and no pressure, the only thing on my list of must-dos was not crash and to beet Simon Allen (sorry mate, you deserved it after the Pembrey incident) and I was really happy to put in some not-too-bad lap times and come in 10th in class

I was pretty excited and pleased with myself that I could still ride a bike after my big crash. I had previously decided that I was only going to do Donington, Brands and maybe Mallory if the other 2 went well.

Snetterton - When Snetterton was re-scheduled for August and the weather was looking good I thought I'd add that onto my list of meetings to do this year and improve on my 10th place, I wasn't quite sure why but just couldn't get the bike round corners at Snetterton and felt almost like giving up when 3 class B bikes came around the outside at Coram on 1 lap. But coram is long enough and for me slow enough to sit and think about what was going wrong, I just couldn't get any grip on the front?

Cadwell - I made no changes for Cadwell which I now wanted to add to the list, to try to work out why I couldn't seem to go around corners, was it me? In my head? Bradders seemed to think it was. I wasn't sure, I still thought it was the bike so I asked Chris Clark if he'd have a ride and give me some feedback, he came back saying, it's fine???

Kev 'Genius' Ellis then said “of coarse, if it's right for Chris it won't be right for you, you're too fat!” which started me thinking, Maybe the standard road bike shock and spring aren't good for me and as luck would have it Dean Pollard (who is about as fat as me) was selling a Maxton fully adjustable shock set up for his/my weight and I bought it..... Roll on the next race I added to my list of 2...

Pembrey (1) – I had decided to do the 3 days at Pembrey and set up my new shock, it made all the difference it was AWESOME! I got 2, 2nd places – normal awesome service resumed? Roll on Brands

My home track Brands Hatch – what a load of bollox, the rain really cocked it all up for me, although, I did get a 2nd in the last race in the rain.

then Mallory......

Pembrey (2)

I really felt that I could now beat anyone, I felt invincible, Bring it on Mr Dave Woods Jnr... exept he wasn't there... Never mind, pole and 2 awesome 1st places, I also entered the f400 races, I wanted to race as much as I could this weekend as it was the last of the year and I found my awesome again, I got pole(ish, 3rd row) and won race 1 and got the fastest lap half a second under the DD lap record. Then I won the DD race 1 but a bit under the lap record, so I chucked a new set of tyres on and went out to smash the lap record in race 2, but maybe because of all the oil which was all over the track by now my head wasn't in the right place and I went even slower, Still won though!

3 first places,,, Amazing,, Awesome,,,

I have had a fantastic year with some pretty bloody fantastic people,

I might be Awesome Lawson but you are all AWESOME!.

See you all in 2014!!!!!!!!!! I already cant wait.
Old 08-Oct-2013, 13:09
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
At first I thought having to miss the first half of the season was a bit of a bummer, but when I turned up at Donington Park on my brand new bike, and not doing the test day either, with no expectations and no pressure, the only thing on my list of must-dos was not crash and to beet Simon Allen (sorry mate, you deserved it after the Pembrey incident) and I was really happy to put in some not-too-bad lap times and come in 10th in class

I was pretty excited and pleased with myself that I could still ride a bike after my big crash. I had previously decided that I was only going to do Donington, Brands and maybe Mallory if the other 2 went well.

Snetterton - When Snetterton was re-scheduled for August and the weather was looking good I thought I'd add that onto my list of meetings to do this year and improve on my 10th place, I wasn't quite sure why but just couldn't get the bike round corners at Snetterton and felt almost like giving up when 3 class B bikes came around the outside at Coram on 1 lap. But coram is long enough and for me slow enough to sit and think about what was going wrong, I just couldn't get any grip on the front?

Cadwell - I made no changes for Cadwell which I now wanted to add to the list, to try to work out why I couldn't seem to go around corners, was it me? In my head? Bradders seemed to think it was. I wasn't sure, I still thought it was the bike so I asked Chris Clark if he'd have a ride and give me some feedback, he came back saying, it's fine???

Kev 'Genius' Ellis then said “of coarse, if it's right for Chris it won't be right for you, you're too fat!” which started me thinking, Maybe the standard road bike shock and spring aren't good for me and as luck would have it Dean Pollard (who is about as fat as me) was selling a Maxton fully adjustable shock set up for his/my weight and I bought it..... Roll on the next race I added to my list of 2...

Pembrey (1) – I had decided to do the 3 days at Pembrey and set up my new shock, it made all the difference it was AWESOME! I got 2, 2nd places – normal awesome service resumed? Roll on Brands

My home track Brands Hatch – what a load of bollox, the rain really cocked it all up for me, although, I did get a 2nd in the last race in the rain.

then Mallory......

Pembrey (2)

I really felt that I could now beat anyone, I felt invincible, Bring it on Mr Dave Woods Jnr... exept he wasn't there... Never mind, pole and 2 awesome 1st places, I also entered the f400 races, I wanted to race as much as I could this weekend as it was the last of the year and I found my awesome again, I got pole(ish, 3rd row) and won race 1 and got the fastest lap half a second under the DD lap record. Then I won the DD race 1 but a bit under the lap record, so I chucked a new set of tyres on and went out to smash the lap record in race 2, but maybe because of all the oil which was all over the track by now my head wasn't in the right place and I went even slower, Still won though!

3 first places,,, Amazing,, Awesome,,,

I have had a fantastic year with some pretty bloody fantastic people,

I might be Awesome Lawson but you are all AWESOME!.

See you all in 2014!!!!!!!!!! I already cant wait.
Matt your typing skills are as good as your rideing,top man great to see you back on form (Rod Team Ghost)
Old 08-Oct-2013, 17:10
Big Twin

Look foward to see DD again next year and all the better it will be with more AWESOMENESS.

Good top see you back on form mate.
Old 08-Oct-2013, 17:58
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Matt, suspension and setup are key, get your sags etc done, then if they are out you know you will need to change the springs, check out the "Suspension Setup" sticky in the DesmoDue Series Information section.

Chris
Old 08-Oct-2013, 19:31
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
Matt, suspension and setup are key, get your sags etc done, then if they are out you know you will need to change the springs, check out the "Suspension Setup" sticky in the DesmoDue Series Information section.

Chris

you are soooo right, I used to think I could ride anything and do well,,,, I was wrong,

when I used to race pods my mate Yoda used to say get right your set-up, and go faster you will.
Old 08-Oct-2013, 19:46
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew

when I used to race pods my mate Yoda used to say get right your set-up, and go faster you will.

"May the Awsomeness be with you young(?) sky rider "

Chris
Old 10-Oct-2013, 14:13
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
Matt, get your sags etc done

Chris

bit personal