Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Feb-2004, 09:09
Mille

Mood: positive energy, man.....
Nat

The seat unit was secured at three places to the frame/subframe. It was secured at each side at the tail end of the tank by two allen bolts as per the strada tail piece. Where the strada seat unit was fixed behind the front seat pad to the subframe with the rearward pointing bolt is the location for the final bolt fixing for the single seat unit - basically using the same bolt into the same captive nut. This bolt hole corresponds with the notch in the SP butt stop(!?!) which on the SP models uses a turnbuckle to give you access to under the seat unit via a pillar box style hole. If you permanently fix the butt stop to the seat unit (assuming there is no access cut out)then your only issue is having to undo three bolts to get to your underseat space ........ no big deal in practice!
The main seat pad is the same as the strada. Was the price of the seat pad for both pieces or just the butt stop?
Alternatively smack a bit of foam on there and start investing in preparation H!!

Good luck

Justin
Old 06-Feb-2004, 10:32
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Cheer Justin..very helpful. I did wonder if the main section of seat was the same as the strada. In that case, id only have to shell out for the bum stop which is £40..I can live with that. Bit of a bummer not been able to get under your seat..I can get a curry and rice in the strada at the moment

Think id leave all the essentials in there and just stick an allen key in my leathers if I need to get in there.

Watch this space for more single seat developments..

BTW, did you see my new reg plate in the photos section ?? £250 from DVLA! Bargain!

Nat
Old 23-Mar-2004, 09:56
Mille

Mood: positive energy, man.....
Swingarm is being polished at present after having a gentle blast at my local rad repair shop - got the rad cleaned up while I was there - I would like to know if anybody has experience of lacquering polished alloy - any views/ideas?
Old 23-Mar-2004, 10:44
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Not here..but idea sounds OK in principial doesnt it ??

BTW...we also have a 851/888 e-mail circular that we set up seperate to the DSC (combination of people ive met through buying bits, DSC & DOC members..would you like adding to the list and you may want to ask your question there?? PM me your e-mail address if youd like to participate !! (we have all sorts of owners from 851DS's to 888 SPS's !!)

Cheers
Nat