Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Jul-2005, 16:38
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Think I need some more ground clearance..

..on the S4R..never had a friggin brake pedal go down before..and the stands knackered too after some spirited track riding.. Mind you I think this is a direct result of fitting the latest generation diabolo corsa tyres which are just awesome...best road based tyres ive ever used - no question.

As far as im aware theres only cyclecat that do rearsets and id really like some basic ergal style jobbers...having said hat I think they do them in black which might be an option..anyone got any blackuns I can have a pic of ?

Nat

[Edited on 28-7-2005 by Nattyboy]
Old 28-Jul-2005, 16:43
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
is it the same clearance as a 'normal' monster? If so, not surprised you need more 'lift'!! Looks mighty impressive at the local meet tho'

I looked at rear sets but couldnt find any which also allow rear pillion pegs...so bear that in mind if you are planning any 2-up jaunts.
Old 28-Jul-2005, 16:48
Ducati in my Blood

Completley different setup to the normal monnie bradders..and rear pegs are detachable like the 9** etc.

Thing is ducati made a point in the press release saying how theyd addressed the ground clearance issue on the S4R (the peg position is quite different).

Dont want to sod about with the ride height as its turns perfectly at the moment.

Might score highly for cred points but its a bit disconcerting having your peg and pedal dig in at 100mph !!, it just took the enjoyment out of my trackday really as I was backing off a bit and having to let the riceburners through..

Mind you - had quite a few R1/Gixer boys come over "erm - that shifts a bit - what the feck have you done to it !!?" - Most surprisingly werent aware that ducati had started to shoehorn SBK motors into the monster frame !!??

One early R1 owner said he gave up trying to keep up driving out of corners as the monnie just cleared off !!! Nice !!

Nat

[Edited on 28-7-2005 by Nattyboy]
Old 28-Jul-2005, 17:02
Ducati in my Blood

Braders..BTW..are you aware cyclecat (and possibly rizoma) do std style rearsets with detachable rear hangers ??

Nat
Old 28-Jul-2005, 17:52
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Nice to hear u burning off the Jap rockets Natty, the cycle cat ones are about 400 I think look great and very adjustable.

I hope someone brings out some cheaper ones to replace the standard ones that just look better

I seen pics of them on the DML site the american forum

[Edited on 28-7-2005 by Lee1980]
Old 28-Jul-2005, 20:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Nat, have you got any rear ride height on it yet? It'll sterr quicker and also give you the clearence you want.............cheap to
Old 28-Jul-2005, 21:27
Ducati in my Blood

I haven't Neil...thing is its the best setup I think ive had on a bike, and im just a bit concerned it might go a bit twitchy on me with the roads round here...mind you, theres nothing wrong with trying I spose...I can always put it back ! (arse of a job though eh ??!!)

Cheers
Nat
Old 28-Jul-2005, 22:18
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Those Diablo Corsas offer no more grip than the normal Diablos

AND...

What do you mean "I need more ground clearance"?

You got another 3 inches of footpeg left yet