Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Jan-2005, 22:58
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Well the bikes off tomorrow for the service, dyno and fettle!
Old 12-Jan-2005, 20:06
Mille

Mood: Either bemused or indifferent
Dyno and Fettle? are they an authorised Ducati dealer
Old 12-Jan-2005, 20:14
BSB Star

Two new staff theyve taken on, well..............John is getting a bit old!
Old 24-Jan-2005, 21:24
BSB Star

Well, been there and had that service. In time honoured fashion i spent on more than just a service.............shhh, is she listening?

I have to say thanks to John, Ken, and the guys ( I now know they read this site!!) But i know i dont need to recommend them as we allready know how good they are!

I dont feel ripped off, as is often the case with some places, I came away (riding the bike for the first time since Sept) with a feeling of satisfaction, and a quality job done.

The bike pulls like a train with no hesistance and sounds as sweet as a sweet thing.

I had a bit of work done on the suspension plus a free set up. Having previously wasted money on a "set up" elsewhere, I was dubious about what difference i would feel.

Even with my limited knowledge and the amount of time since i rode the bike, It feels right.

Once again I spent an amount of time looking and listening to John. If i was that good and clever, I dont think i would impart with the knowledge as freely as he does.

So heres to my first track day this year.
Old 24-Jan-2005, 23:02
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
I know that feeling Andy,i wonder if anyone has ever taken there bike in and JUST had what they had originally intended to have done.
I am always ok untill John starts a sentance with the word Corse.
Corse while were at it,and Corse if were going that far andCorse it wouldnt cost that much more to.........
You get the picture,i only took the 748 in for a new valve cap and hey presto 890 cc and as for the baby R.......!
Old 24-Jan-2005, 23:18
Big Twin

Mood: happy
it is fun spending money though isnt it, especially on bike things. Bought my 996R back and said to myself "just keep it standard this time, just a hugger and open clutch cover thats all. But, here we go cant help myself, so many nice things out there. oh what fun it is to spend on your favourite motor toy.
Old 26-Jan-2005, 02:12
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
considering the price of the 2 year service i was quite worried about it as my 749s has only done 600 miles, so i went down to Ducati Glasgow and explained it had only done 600 miles and they told me what things would & would not need done, in the end they quoted me £300 for my service, Well worth giving ducati Glasgow a phone if your getting quoted alot and the bikes not done many miles.

theyre good guys in there and know what theyre doing.

/ian

[Edited on 26-1-2005 by weeian]

[Edited on 26-1-2005 by weeian]