Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Oct-2011, 16:09
Mille
Bikes: 848

Mood: chuffed, got an 848 in the garage
sport classics

Not sure "idle chat" is the right place for this but am seriously toying with the idea of a 'sport classic' anyone lived with one and have a view?? Have heard horror stories of electrical problems and engine paint flaking but having had Monsters and a multi the paint issue won't come as a shock.

Any other views thoughts on one of these? There aren't that many about though and silly prices mean they may not be the best value,,,

What do you think??
Old 07-Oct-2011, 19:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Essentially the same engine as the Multi 1000DS and the 1000SS and the M1000 so well proven. Electrics are again essentially the same as the Monster and 1000SS so apart from where they are loacted and providing some sheilding from water coming off the back wheel I can't see why they should give any major issues.
I'm told a steering damper would coe in handy when ridden hard on UK country roads

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 07-Oct-2011, 19:19
Mille
Bikes: 848

Mood: chuffed, got an 848 in the garage
and are they as uncomfortable as is reported?? or is that just compared to other 'retros' like a thruxton??
Old 10-Oct-2011, 12:42
Mille
Bikes: 750ss, 998s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneed
and are they as uncomfortable as is reported?? or is that just compared to other 'retros' like a thruxton??

Yes, that was what i was going to say, ie everyone says they're uncomfortable... I haven't tried one myself, but I'm inclined to think that if Ducati people - who are typically used to fairly uncomfortable riding positions - say that, then there must be something in it!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit