Ducati Sporting Club UK
Technical - Help or Info - NON Motorcycle
PC's, Internet etc. Cars, or how to fix that leaky radiator - in here please!

Old 30-Apr-2012, 02:48
Bikes: 916, 860, 1982 & 83 Katana's

Mood: always good
916 No start

Hi there. I'm new to the club. Have been reading for a while and decided to join.

I'm having a problem with my 1998 916 Mono. Has been running great up to last week. Tried to start it today and won't start. Checked a few basics such as fuel, fuses, battery, compression, connectors etc..

Engine does turn over fine. The fuel pump does energize when key is turned on but there is no spark and no fuel injector pulses. I am suspecting a problem with the 1.6M ECU or some type on crank sensor that is not sending a signal to ECU.

Any information on diagnostics would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Enzo
Old 18-Apr-2014, 03:19

Just had similar problem on my 916 Monster. Now fixed and turned out to be ecu and immobiliser issue. Check the thread under Monsters. The thread is "Monster S4 916 fires once but will not start". The original fault was no spark or injector pulse, that was a faulty ecu which I later confirmed using diagnostic software. Replaced the ecu with one that was supposed to be immobiliser disabled, except it wasn't. Had to replace the immobiliser too in the end. Good luck.