Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 03-Jun-2015, 00:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Also need to discuss trophies not just at the race meetings but also at the awards, Hottrax had been providing them and Clubs hosting us this year may not, so I will be looking at using some of the DD fund to pay for these as there could be 12 more races so that is 36 trophies per class plus 6 end of year championship trophies.
Also need to discuss club memberships, I am hoping a one off payment from the DD fund will pay for everyone registered in DD, I can but ask and try and get the best price I can, again from the DD fund.
What I do find hard to understand is why lots of DDers were talking about No Limits within 2 days of last Fridays announcement by the RC

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 03-Jun-2015, 09:20

I think people (me included) have only been throwing in club names to try and help the RC compile a list of people to approach, sorry if I personally caused any offence to any one in the RC.
Old 03-Jun-2015, 10:25
Bevel Head
Bikes: 888 Strada 888 Classic TT S2R1000 1000SS ST4S 900SSie M750 600SS

Mood: Looking for speed
Just race club names for the hat Kev, some of us have done a few TDs with NL so were possibly biased towards them, that is all nothing intended or implied.

Last edited by stafford : 03-Jun-2015 at 11:40.
Old 03-Jun-2015, 10:30
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
What I do find hard to understand is why lots of DDers were talking about No Limits within 2 days of last Fridays announcement by the RC
I suspect none of us were aware of many other options having little to no knowledge of what goes on outside our happy fluffy little dd world- once it got thrown up it had to seem like a good idea
Old 03-Jun-2015, 17:31
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFooBob
I think people (me included) have only been throwing in club names to try and help the RC compile a list of people to approach, sorry if I personally caused any offence to any one in the RC.

Giles I'm not surprised by any suggestions prior to Friday's announcement by the Race Committee, but once the announcement was made everybody seemed to be satisfied that things were progressing in a very positive manor, so I was surprised to hear in less than 48 hours that lots of members were suggesting we try No Limits

As it stands at the moment No Limits are going to cater for the Endurance guys as best as they can, looking at the different numbers they have had on grids where 32 to 33 teams seems to be the norm they had almost a 50% increase for the 6hr at Donington so I wonder if some of the Hottrax Endurance teams had already raced with No Limits.
Either way they are just creating a couple of extra championship classes so their own championship scoring isn't disrupted by the influx of teams, to my knowledge they haven't created any extra grids and ideally it's the creating of a separate grid that is required for DD
Thundersport have put out a Statement making there position quite clear which is basically there is no room at the inn.

Now there are clubs with some spare capacity and hopefully I moved quicker enough and with the use of my contacts have got us some grid space before other classes got in there as I'm pretty sure the Modern Classics are looking for a new home

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 03-Jun-2015, 17:55

Thanks Kev, I don't think anyone means to step on any toes, we're all just going a little stir crazy.
Old 03-Jun-2015, 19:46

Many thanks for all your work on our behalf. I really appreciate it and look forward to hearing your news on the future.
Old 03-Jun-2015, 21:23

Thanks for putting the effort in Kev, we all appreciate it.