Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 17-Jan-2006, 12:31
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Quote:
Originally posted by ali
Quote:
Originally posted by multi600
My 748 and multistrada live in garage away from the house I don't even take the keys out of the ignition some days. I don't fit any locks or any other security items. When I open the garage door which is only locked with the small lock in the middle of the twist handle I don't want to spend 20mins or so unlocking everything. I just get on and ride. I don't lock it outside work and I always park in the same place (bike park). The only bike I have ever had nicked (DT 175) was one Christmas morning I run out of petrol. I chained the bike to a lamp post and a concrete bench. 25mins later it had gone, I just rely on the insurance now that's what it's there for.

I'm exactly the same. Bikes get left, often with the keys in, in a garage with a tiny padlock on the outside. I never lock them when parked elsewhere, just take the keys out. I'd never get back what they're worth by insurance, but I'm fcucked if I 'm going to let a bunch of thieving gypsy scum give me sleepless nights worrying if they're carrying liquid nitrogen or an angle grinder. If they get nicked then so be it. Still got a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a top notch missus.

Ali

Loverobot

I think most of us are somewhere between the above more easy going attitude and RCA s rather stricter methods.

My bikes are kept in a shed/garage ( Connected to the house alarm ) with normal door locks and abus chains & locks fitted to the bikes.

If the bikes are out and I'm inside the house they are locked and chained at the back of the house and never left out on the road for the ''naughty men'' to see.

If I'm out for the day and out of sight of the bike I try and leave it in a prominent place e.g. next to car park attendants hut or car park entrance and chained to a post. I'm not naive enough to think the above will totally prevent theft but let's face it, if mine's locked and chained then thieves will be more likely to go for the unchained one parked in a quiet spot, out of sight of the public.

It may add five or ten minutes onto your journey to do the above, but save you having to sort out getting home/reporting theft to the police/filling in claim forms etc.

I know which I would rather do.

Just seen your post PB very well put.

I'm firmly in the flog 'em and hang 'em brigade myself
Old 17-Jan-2006, 13:16
500SD

Philthy - I do exactly as you describe - the 748 is ground anchored alarmed on the bike and the house is alarmed for example

When out I leave it locked alrmed and prominent

But it is inevitable that it is 'out of sight' of course at times and i think it is unfortunate to suggest in these circumstances the owners deserved it - especially when it probably their pride and joy
Old 17-Jan-2006, 13:54

Mood: Not bad, considering...
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA

Think you can relax, that bus of yours aint going anywhere.

I like my bus - it's my fun bike... you should see my 'serious' bike ... since when do people **** off other people's choices by implying that their bike is better? BC
Old 19-Jan-2006, 20:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by Bikerchick
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA

I like my bus - it's my fun bike... you should see my 'serious' bike ... since when do people **** off other people's choices by implying that their bike is better? BC

Don't know, but apparently I have a basic model. I find that amusing.
Old 19-Jan-2006, 20:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by Bikerchick
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA

Don't know, but apparently I have a basic model. I find that amusing.
Old 19-Jan-2006, 21:14
RCA

I don't know either, apparently it came in the wrong colour? It was yellow?
Old 19-Jan-2006, 22:25
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
I don't know either, apparently it came in the wrong colour? It was yellow?

Old 01-Jul-2010, 11:47
Mille

Mood: elated
dear loverobot,
If you're going to pick someone up on their spelling, you should check you're own first!!!!!
Old 01-Jul-2010, 13:30
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
holy cr@p, this is a thread from over 4 years ago...

did you have a nice long sleep rossco
Old 04-Jul-2010, 09:18
Mille

Smile

You mean "check your own first".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco572
dear loverobot,
If you're going to pick someone up on their spelling, you should check you're own first!!!!!