Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 26-Sep-2006, 11:10
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
The issue of Hayden's clutch only seems to have come up over the last few weeks, when he's suddenly started to really struggle - I can remember races earlier in the season when he rocketed off the line. And yet now they're claiming he's been struggling with it all season?

What is apparant to me, is that he's still running the same pace as he has been all season, but whilst he was getting 2nd/3rds earlier in the season, now everyone is fully fit and back from their injuries - Gibernau, Melandri, Capirossi from Barcelona, he's finishing top 5 if lucky - as a package, Hayden and (development) Honda is not fast enough. Take his win at Assen - where was the competition? Rossi had a broken hand in practice, Capirossi could barely walk or breath, Gibernau was missing, Melandri looked like a panda with all his bruising.

Personally I think he will hold on - it will only take one decent result out of the two races to pretty much wrap it up, but I do think he'll be a very lucky champion to say the least.
Old 26-Sep-2006, 12:19
Shandy

Rossi for me.......

I just don't like Hayden, to much moaning and not enough doing.....

It's a shame Capirossi had that off mid season that could have made for a really interesting end to the season with the form he's on now.

Shandy
Old 27-Sep-2006, 22:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sye73
3. Hopkins on a decent bike
interesting point about Hopkins
I really rate him but the Suzuki just don't cut the mustard.
imagine him on the Roberts bike ?
think he is to tied into the Suzuki deal.
sure he wants a proper crack at the title though. Thoughts
Old 28-Sep-2006, 09:00
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Slight twist of Keefer's question, but if it comes down to a few points at Valencia, do you really think it'll be be the place to prove the worthy champ? It's such a nightmare place to overtake, and other than the end of the main straight, it's really just a follow the leader place.............
Old 28-Sep-2006, 12:20
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B
Slight twist of Keefer's question, but if it comes down to a few points at Valencia, do you really think it'll be be the place to prove the worthy champ? It's such a nightmare place to overtake, and other than the end of the main straight, it's really just a follow the leader place.............
Unless your name is Rossi and the champ ionship could be yours.
Old 28-Sep-2006, 21:32
Mille

Mood: looking to move in a new direction...
One things for sure, i know he's signed for next year, but if he wins the championship this year or not Rossi won't leave gp's until he's cleaned up
Old 29-Sep-2006, 09:49
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Rossi all the way, serious talent and skill, far superior to any out there, had the worst start to any season, but dug deep, far deeper then anyone else out there could and is back on for a fight to the end, if he wins...its amazing.
If hayden wins, its because of Rossi`s bad luck in the early part of the season.
The only other contender out there is Caparossi, now he`s got the Duke set up, he`s on fire....(shame about that crash, it would`ve been awsome to see him and Rossi bashing fairings)

Next years 800 season should be good, but this year its Rossi all the way...
Old 30-Sep-2006, 19:19
Mille

Mood: poon tang
dani ped the boy yo watch next year
Old 30-Sep-2006, 19:52
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Rossi for me, if the Hayden had ridden the yam at the beginning of the season he would have been bitchin and whingeing more than he was on the Honda. Surely Rossi has the upper hand he certainly has the mind games won and in that respect he is very similar to Schumacher but at least Rossi is not so objectionable.

Just as important to me is that Haslam and Baylistic win tommorrow !

Maybe someone who knows more about Rossi than I can explain why he doesnt ride a Ducati, surely for Italian on an Italian has to be the best honour, 2008 ???????
Old 30-Sep-2006, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMFB
Rossi for me, if the Hayden had ridden the yam at the beginning of the season he would have been bitchin and whingeing more than he was on the Honda. Surely Rossi has the upper hand he certainly has the mind games won and in that respect he is very similar to Schumacher but at least Rossi is not so objectionable.

Just as important to me is that Haslam and Baylistic win tommorrow !

Maybe someone who knows more about Rossi than I can explain why he doesnt ride a Ducati, surely for Italian on an Italian has to be the best honour, 2008 ???????
from his book its because ducati want a passenger not someone who gets involved and makes decisions ref devolpment(slightly watered down but i think thats the jist of it)
Im sure i'll get shot down though -

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit