Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Jun-2005, 13:55
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
James is fine now, black eye where his mum told him to stop worrying her looked wicked tho (only jokin James). Getting his new riding gear tomorrow, then he's out n about honing his race skills for next year, thats another place down the field for me! Meeting him tomorrow morning for some celebrity snaps with some Fleet Street photographer or summat like that
Old 17-Jun-2005, 13:58
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
"Andy is fit .............and why oh why is HE riding why cant you find sum1 that we have an outside chance of catching...

my target is to get inside top 12 if i can

Phil
Fil - Andy will tell you himself, that Snett & Donny will suit the 620's - he reckons some 620's whose riders might have picked up more skills in the last races will be bimbling past on the long straight..........

Mrs snot is still tucked in the corner of the van & hasnt been touched since Als trackday at Mallory (thankyou dear, I s'pose I've got to gether new boots eh?:P )

C
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:05
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
"Fil - Andy will tell you himself, that Snett & Donny will suit the 620's - he reckons some 620's whose riders might have picked up more skills in the last races will be bimbling past on the long straight.........."

100% agree with this..hence why i think snetterton will be the hardest race for Myself and Ali....Rattler Tony Nick etc who are quick riders and have picked up the pace will certainly be in with a shout of top 7..Ali mentioned that a certain 620ie came past him on the long straight like it was an R6..LOL......

but as they say " bring it ".................

Phil

[Edited on 17-6-2005 by fil2]
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:11
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
hopefully Fil (fingers xx'd here) both Andy & Mark's best laps have been lap 6/7 or 8 - not right at the beginning on lap 3 or 4

Fitness to the fore eh?

ohh, I said fit!! - dont tell Alan ....
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:12
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
I don't think anyone is really going to taper off physically, because it's not overly physical work and it's only 30 minutes.

I dunno about that Tony. Andy Ibbott never runs sessions more than 28 minutes long (25 in Spain if you recall) because they've done studies which show that everyone promptly loses concentration and falls off after 28 minutes, which would be entertaining.

So if you (generic 'you', nothing personal Tony) get to 28 minutes and are still in it, might be wise to bear that in mind.
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:15
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I want 60bhp and top 6... I may get 50bhp and top 15

I'm totally unfit, but think I can do 22 or 23 laps at a good pace. At least it's got 2 long straights to rest on
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:18
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by lizzie
everyone promptly loses concentration and falls off after 28 minutes

Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:19
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Learning the track shouldn't be such a problem this time, and hopefully the 620 motor should see off some of the competition.

My target remains unchanged since day 1.... top ten.
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:19
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
100% agree with this..hence why i think snetterton will be the hardest race for Myself and Ali....Rattler Tony Nick etc who are quick riders and have picked up the pace will certainly be in with a shout of top 7..Ali mentioned that a certain 620ie came past him on the long straight like it was an R6..LOL......

but as they say " bring it ".................

Phil

[Edited on 17-6-2005 by fil2]

the 620's definitely have the legs on the straights but this will only make a difference if there are two riders of similar ability battling it out. ali overtook me going onto the revitt straight, i overtook him back again about 3/4 of the way along then he went past me on the brakes into the esses and buggered off! purley because he's a quicker rider than me. depending where i passed him i could have held him up for a bend but no more than that.
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:43
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by lizzie
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
I don't think anyone is really going to taper off physically, because it's not overly physical work and it's only 30 minutes.

I dunno about that Tony. Andy Ibbott never runs sessions more than 28 minutes long (25 in Spain if you recall) because they've done studies which show that everyone promptly loses concentration and falls off after 28 minutes, which would be entertaining.

So if you (generic 'you', nothing personal Tony) get to 28 minutes and are still in it, might be wise to bear that in mind.

Well, I did say 'taper off physically' which I don't think you will. Even now I can run for half an hour at about 75% and cover about 6 - 6.5k's.

Mentally is a whole other story. I think people will fade mentally - it will be the people who manage this better than others who keep the pace going through the race.