Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:44
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
My target remains unchanged since day 1.... to have eaten all the cakes before we pack the van.

Admirable ambition young fella me lad
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:46
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Mentally is a whole other story. I think people will fade mentally - it will be the people who manage this better than others who keep the pace going through the race.

Mentally has never been a problem, I've always been mental :P
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:46
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

Old 17-Jun-2005, 15:35
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
100% agree with this..hence why i think snetterton will be the hardest race for Myself and Ali....Rattler Tony Nick etc who are quick riders and have picked up the pace will certainly be in with a shout of top 7..Ali mentioned that a certain 620ie came past him on the long straight like it was an R6..LOL......

but as they say " bring it ".................

Phil

[Edited on 17-6-2005 by fil2]

the 620's definitely have the legs on the straights but this will only make a difference if there are two riders of similar ability battling it out. ali overtook me going onto the revitt straight, i overtook him back again about 3/4 of the way along then he went past me on the brakes into the esses and buggered off! purley because he's a quicker rider than me. depending where i passed him i could have held him up for a bend but no more than that.

well i think the mix of rider ability advantage and machine advantage has made the racing very competative...Ali paul rattler Nick Tony and Myself are all pretty closely matched and any1 of us could beat the other..time will tell if the bike really does play an advantage as the skill sets become even more closely matched..currently its good racing and competative.

still maintain top 12 as my goal

Phil

[Edited on 17-6-2005 by fil2]
Old 17-Jun-2005, 16:00
Mille

I'm personally not looking forward to this one. I've got no experience of the track (although I'm doin' the track-day) and my bike is definitely one of the slowest ones down the straights, and ESPECIALLY out of corners. Although its a BB DD OS ss (Big Bore Desmo Due Old Shape Super Sports!!!!!!) I seem to be left for dead on the straights by Anthony (#111)'s BB DD OS ss and, as well as that my "starts" thus-far have been quite laughable. I seem to sit there slowly gathering speed with, I think, what looks like at least two rows of bikes slowly drifting past me before the first corner! Oh yes....I'm also pretty unfit and somewhat overweight!

See you there

Andy #99

Maybe I've just highlighted my problem!

Where do I hope to come?....half-way down and just finishing to consolidate the points!
Old 17-Jun-2005, 16:27
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
I'm just viewing the trackday and race thingy as a warm-up to some serious drinking on Saturday night ready for the 8hr on Sunday as I missed the last Le Mans 24hr...

I have also prepared some bungees with hooks to latch onto Fil, Ali or whoever goes past me first...

Old 17-Jun-2005, 16:41
Ducati Meccanica

Reckon we should handicap the top 5 riders for us poor unfortunate 583's - tow ropes - I bagsy Geoff Spencer but can I shut me eyes cos i don't think i've ever been that fast round a corner
Old 17-Jun-2005, 16:52
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by paynep
I'm just viewing the trackday and race thingy as a warm-up to some serious drinking on Saturday night ready for the 8hr on Sunday as I missed the last Le Mans 24hr...

I have also prepared some bungees with hooks to latch onto Fil, Ali or whoever goes past me first...

Mmmmmmm drinking .....
Old 17-Jun-2005, 17:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy#99
Although its a BB DD OS ss (Big Bore Desmo Due Old Shape Super Sports!!!!!!) I seem to be left for dead on the straights by Anthony (#111)'s BB DD OS ss and, as well as that my "starts" thus-far have been quite laughable.

Just to point out:

a) I've crashed at every meeting so far

b) I knackered my clutch, probably through my kack-handed starts

Sometimes it's better just to stay on and finish

Can't see why yours is slower though - mine only has the big-bore and a dynojet kit on it with a modified airbox lid and Pipercross filter. Maybe it's down to gearing?
Old 17-Jun-2005, 19:02
Mille

[quote]Originally posted by antonye
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy#99
Although its a BB DD OS ss (Big Bore Desmo Due Old Shape Super Sports!!!!!!) I seem to be left for dead on the straights by Anthony (#111)'s BB DD OS ss and, as well as that my "starts" thus-far have been quite laughable.

Just to point out:

a) I've crashed at every meeting so far

b) I knackered my clutch, probably through my kack-handed starts

Crash at every round????.....well you must be MUCH faster than me to fall off, re-mount and STILL finish two places ahead of me! Where/when was your topple?

...and....as for your "kack-handed starts"...my residing memory of Cadwell is the sight of your flanks going diagonally across my "bows"....at some speed....while I was just beginning to think...."now...clutch in, down for first, revs up...wait for the liiiiiight!!!!"

mind-you....there is some truth in what you said..."Sometimes it's better just to stay on and finish"