Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Sep-2003, 14:38
Montjuic

Mood: Deeply Grooved....
I get some hesitation on my 996S when accelerating in a high gear from about 5.2/5.4 k revs and a 'cough' when just cracking the throttle open from tickover when pulling away. I have 50mm Termi's and a DP chip. I recall the 'they all do that' story from JHP re. the first problem, but the second is sortable because theyactually sorted it, but it is back again now - this is a b*oody nuisance. Bike is in for 18k service at JHP in one weeks time (yes, really, mine is for riding, not just looking at!) - may get a different chip fittted during the service because warranty expires shortly thereafter - will let you know the score then.

Cheers.
Old 18-Sep-2003, 15:39
Big Twin

my 996s did do it, and it was quite disconcerting,
i had an ultimap chip fitted and it was superb from then onwards
Old 19-Sep-2003, 12:03
888 at Last !!!

my 996S had low speed popping etc with standard cans but only after my 1st year 4000 mile service. Don't know what they did (shims I think) but it was 10 times worse after that. 50mm open race carbon termis and Ultimap UM239 chip and was a new bike. Could actually ride bike as low as 3000rpm .

So does the 54mm system make any disernable extra horsepower? I never felt any extra HP after fitting open 50mm race termis.
Old 23-Sep-2003, 19:45
Mille

Mood: Either bemused or indifferent
Hacketts recon on about 6-8 english horses but with a slid rule facted in and converting into euros it feels between nowt and summut!
to be fair the power is all up the top end and is very noticable along with the sound. My lovely wife took me to pick it up and when they started it up down stairs in the work shop she went very pale!