Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Jun-2011, 20:27
Big Twin

Snetterton timetable?

Ok, I know not everyone agreed with the changes to the Anglesey timetable.
However, politics aside are the points races going to be on the Saturday as per Anglesey?

So points Saturday and non points Sunday ok?
Old 04-Jun-2011, 21:34
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Ok, I know not everyone agreed with the changes to the Anglesey timetable.
However, politics aside are the points races going to be on the Saturday as per Anglesey?

So points Saturday and non points Sunday ok?

Personally think it worked quite well and it could give others a chance to race for podium if top 3 clear off.
Old 04-Jun-2011, 22:17
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
Personally think it worked quite well and it could give others a chance to race for podium if top 3 clear off.

I didn't like the Anglesey format. Last year peeps who could not stretch to Saturday DD or alcomers just came for the points on Sunday.

Doing your points race on the Sat what is the point of racing for nothing on Sunday. Needs a points race on each day to keep people there.

What is the point of winning a race with 7 (class B) and 4 (class A) bikes on the grid.

Also I sent a message to Skids, he hasn't acknowledged so I'll put it here now.

I think class A should set off 10/15 secs before class B. Neil and Ron came together almost squashing me forcing a hard brake. Those A bikes are much faster from the off, so in the interest of safety I reckon they should be let go ahead of the B bikes.
Old 04-Jun-2011, 22:43
Big Twin

All 3 races should be points and on the same day IMO. No drop 2 rounds b*llocks.
Staggard start suits me.
Pay to race, end of.
Old 04-Jun-2011, 23:10
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
All 3 races should be points and on the same day IMO. No drop 2 rounds b*llocks.
Staggard start suits me.
Pay to race, end of.

3 points races suits me also and I'd wager a few others too. But we are only the riders and very few listen to us, as others know better.
Old 04-Jun-2011, 23:21
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
What is the point of winning a race with 7 (class B) and 4 (class A) bikes on the grid.

plenty!
Old 04-Jun-2011, 23:45
Mille

Quote:
Needs a points race on each day to keep people there.

I am not happy paying for the 3rd race and I agree if it is non point scoring it should be on the Saturday and not the Sunday. Folk can then use it as a test if they want to do it.

Have the rules effectively been changed to force people to pay for 3 races? Previously could you get away with only paying for 2?

I personally would not be very happy with points races on both days. I like racing but I doubt I can commit 3 days for 2 20minute races. I would rather just have the two races on the same day and then clear off.

Quote:
What is the point of winning a race with 7 (class B) and 4 (class A) bikes on the grid. .

Think thats a pretty harsh comment and there is no harm at all, if the faster guys leave, to allow others who might not get the chance otherwise to race upfront for a win.

I could be just as harsh to you and say "whats the point in winning a race if it has taken you 4 seasons to do it?"

Quote:
I think class A should set off 10/15 secs before class B. Neil and Ron came together almost squashing me forcing a hard brake. Those A bikes are much faster from the off, so in the interest of safety I reckon they should be let go ahead of the B bikes

If you stall on the grid or get away badly it would be the same with 2 class B bikes. Letting them go early will mean that on the short tracks NONE of the class B will get full race distance. We will all just have a "+ 1 lap" on our time sheet and one less lap.

Having quicker class A bikes already ends the race too soon for all but the top 3-5. As the first class B is usually about 1 min behind A then that extra 15secs could end the race early for all but the 1st place.

Which as I found at Brands means that the current jump start 10sec punishment is useless at this point. While I should have been bumped to 3rd place in race 2 due to Jimbos 10sec jump start penalty because the class A finished so much quicker I never got a time for my last lap so on the results I was apparently a whole lap behind him and his penalty meant NOTHING.

Not trying to grab a trophy of Jimbo, but I could have done with those 3 points. Your thoughts Kev/Chris?
Old 05-Jun-2011, 00:09
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Hugh,

you must have been more than 10seconds behind Jimbo, or you would have been awarded the higher postion. The 1 lap is the difference from the WINNER on the the road, so of no significance to your position.

Anyway, three races is fine for me. Sat sun for points.
Old 05-Jun-2011, 00:39
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
I am not happy paying for the 3rd race and I agree if it is non point scoring it should be on the Saturday and not the Sunday. Folk can then use it as a test if they want to do it.

Have the rules effectively been changed to force people to pay for 3 races? Previously could you get away with only paying for 2?

I personally would not be very happy with points races on both days. I like racing but I doubt I can commit 3 days for 2 20minute races. I would rather just have the two races on the same day and then clear off.

Think thats a pretty harsh comment and there is no harm at all, if the faster guys leave, to allow others who might not get the chance otherwise to race upfront for a win.

I could be just as harsh to you and say "whats the point in winning a race if it has taken you 4 seasons to do it?"

I was in a race at Donington 3 of us actually and I ran out of fuel would I have been happy getting a third out of a 3 horse race..................................No not in the slightest.

If you stall on the grid or get away badly it would be the same with 2 class B bikes. Letting them go early will mean that on the short tracks NONE of the class B will get full race distance. We will all just have a "+ 1 lap" on our time sheet and one less lap.

Having quicker class A bikes already ends the race too soon for all but the top 3-5. As the first class B is usually about 1 min behind A then that extra 15secs could end the race early for all but the 1st place.

Which as I found at Brands means that the current jump start 10sec punishment is useless at this point. While I should have been bumped to 3rd place in race 2 due to Jimbos 10sec jump start penalty because the class A finished so much quicker I never got a time for my last lap so on the results I was apparently a whole lap behind him and his penalty meant NOTHING.

Not trying to grab a trophy of Jimbo, but I could have done with those 3 points. Your thoughts Kev/Chris?

I was in a full grid always and in 4 or 3.5 seasons I have never fell off, so don't get on your fkin high horse to me. Or better still discuss it to me personally rather than here.

Last edited by Ghost : 05-Jun-2011 at 00:45.
Old 05-Jun-2011, 00:45
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker V2
Hugh,

you must have been more than 10seconds behind Jimbo, or you would have been awarded the higher postion. The 1 lap is the difference from the WINNER on the the road, so of no significance to your position.

Anyway, three races is fine for me. Sat sun for points.

Sadly not. The total "Time" for Jimbo was 18:05.463 for 18 laps and mine was 17.05.016 but for for 17 laps.

Just to be a geek I looked up the lap chart. However, as I mentioned I have one lap missing... but if you add up our times for the 17 laps I was 7.93 seconds behind.

1 66.184 67.614
2 59.895 61.299
3 60.049 60.953
4 59.769 59.939
5 60.124 59.795
6 60.077 60.647
7 60.000 59.817
8 59.651 59.826
9 59.677 59.542
10 59.064 59.577
11 59.659 59.52
12 58.497 59.678
13 59.271 59.689
14 58.123 59.621
15 58.831 59.159
16 59.316 59.286
17 58.892 59.054
TOTAL 1017.079 1025.016
Diff 7.937

Basically from Class B Jimbo, Kev and Ron did 18 laps and everyone else behind them did 17 as the race ended when the checkered came out for class A which in this case was between Jimbo and I crossing the line.

Edit: Also because of this I doubt there are many folk behind the top 3 that have seen the last lap flag this year, I think this is a bit of a shame as you arent aware of the crucial last lap battle. I wholly understand this is unavoidable with a mixed grid, just think its a shame that for the vast majority there is no last lap just an early finish.

Last edited by Simps : 05-Jun-2011 at 01:32.