Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Nov-2004, 15:26
Big Twin

Mood: r
749 termis fitted

just finished fitting the termi pipes, many thanks to scottch for de-cating the donw pipe,fantastic job,fits a dream. carnt wait to get her out to test her

[Edited on 13-11-2004 by pedro]

[Edited on 13-11-2004 by pedro]
Old 13-Nov-2004, 16:13
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
They look great and the sound well say no more!
Old 13-Nov-2004, 19:01
Mille

Looks really good can you explain a bit more exactly wots been done to your 749r and most importantly the cost im not really in a position at the mo to spend 2k plus on a full termi system but really want some sonic boom from my 749r. Also is the bike still running on the same ecu?
Old 13-Nov-2004, 20:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Pedro, you should have covered the number plate up..........
Old 13-Nov-2004, 20:41
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Quote:
Originally posted by boyo
Looks really good can you explain a bit more exactly wots been done to your 749r and most importantly the cost im not really in a position at the mo to spend 2k plus on a full termi system but really want some sonic boom from my 749r. Also is the bike still running on the same ecu?

i'm in the same position with my 749r, some hopefully somebody will spill the details of the lower cost termi options

Rob
Old 13-Nov-2004, 22:25
Big Twin

i bought the termi box,(part num 96112403b ) the heat shield to fit it as the standard one wont,high-efficienct air filters, then a TOP CHAP FROM THE SITE (scotty) de-catted my down pipe. the bike hasnt had a ecu change,it runs better than before as it "cut-out" with the standard set up. a power comander can be used if you want,£250? i bought the termis from ducati leeds,however ducati glasgow are well up to speed on this system & can give you advice as they did with me.ive know of a number of 749r bikes that run this way with NO problems at all.the bike is now cat free as the termi hasnt got one in side it..cost.........£675 inc p&p. i got discount from leeds as i purchased my 749 from.
Old 14-Nov-2004, 10:56
Mille

Thanks pedro really appreciate that info mate i think thats the route ill be going down i have spoken to the guy up in scotland who cuts the cat out and he was just as helpfull so again cheers guys
Old 27-Nov-2004, 20:44
Big Twin

had a quick blast down the 444 this afternoon testing my termis,they sound great,the bike seems to run better cat free,it faster i think hard to say though as it seems like a rocket as im in my van all week. the tick-over still cuts out now & again,much less than with stock pipes
Old 28-Nov-2004, 09:43
Big Twin

I bought the full 749R Termi kit from my local dealer, got it for £800 all in including the ecu.
I do not know if it is just me but this exhaust seems MUCH louder than the similar kit fitted to my 999S.
My brother who has an rsv mille with race cans cannot hear his own bike for the sound of mine !
Old 28-Nov-2004, 09:51
Big Twin

i agree,the sound is different to the 996/8 i had. u have u2u