Old 27-Nov-2009, 10:43
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
Translogic Dash

Really fancy one of these

Keefer really rates his, fitted himself

I have no tech skills so........

Has anyone had one fitted in the SE by a dealer or independent who did a great job

Thanks
Old 27-Nov-2009, 11:49
Mille

I had mine fitted at JHP Coventry, mounted on Carbon to match the carbon headlight unit I have. It looks awesome. The dash is superb and Hacket set the gear change lights that illuminate to light up at the maximum time that particular gear is at. Saves over revving.

I really like it. Treat yourself
Old 27-Nov-2009, 11:58
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Without bothering to look, how much are they?
Old 27-Nov-2009, 13:04
Big Twin

I looked into it some time ago and I think that they do not have the odometer and/or trip meter which technically should make them a MOT failure (though in practice they don't really check that). The trip meter is quite handy to have a sense of your fuel range too.

This is why at the time I went for the AIM MXL instead. I went for the Pista but there is a cheaper Strada option. Great build quality and I like the interface very much. Much more expensive than translogic though.

For my 996 (that is going on the road) I am thinking of getting a Race Technologies dash. Does all you need for the road (including high beam, indicators, odo and trip meter, etc). All that for £500. You can even expand it with a data acquisition external unit if you want. Dunno build quality though.

I would stay away from the Magneti Marelli as well. I had one and build quality is very basic (plastic casing when most others are alloy), poor configurability, no odo or trip meter... Only benefit was that they did a plug and play version with Ducati loom. But overrated IMO.
Old 27-Nov-2009, 14:04
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Just looked at the DASH2 from race Technology and it looks the nuts, but I see it has a gear indicator as well, can you hook this up on a 996 to show gearing ?

Really tempting for my 996 at that price. What are the fitting prices ish ?

Craig
Old 27-Nov-2009, 14:22
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
there was a nice dash at the show yesterday on the harris stand
Old 27-Nov-2009, 19:15
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Translogic have a very nice looking dash, similar to the Marelli (although not as big!) but at a decent price - shown as £347+VAT / £399.99 inc VAT at the current rate. Although they are not suitable for 749/999 models.

More info on their website: http://www.translogicuk.com/micro-dash.htm

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 27-Nov-2009, 20:53
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Translogic have a very nice looking dash, similar to the Marelli (although not as big!) but at a decent price - shown as £347+VAT / £399.99 inc VAT at the current rate. Although they are not suitable for 749/999 models.

More info on their website: http://www.translogicuk.com/micro-dash.htm

Thats a good price for something like that
I have a couple of Magneti MT940s one for the 955 and one on the 998 and as mentioned there is no mileage recorded and for what they cost the quality is a bit lacking.
I have been thinking of fitting a 1098 dash to the 998 Hybrid as thats quite a neat unit.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 27-Nov-2009, 21:11
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I have been thinking of fitting a 1098 dash to the 998 Hybrid as thats quite a neat unit.

Isn't the 1098 CAN bus though? I can see all sorted of problems with sensors if you went that way, not to mention the ECU and immobilizer... although I do know someone who can sort that out for you

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 27-Nov-2009, 21:23
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Isn't the 1098 CAN bus though? I can see all sorted of problems with sensors if you went that way, not to mention the ECU and immobilizer... although I do know someone who can sort that out for you

As the 998 ECU dosn't use a CAN bus or immobiliser I can't see any issues, just have to make up a new lead from the circular connector above the battery upto the clocks and you can get the clock connecting plug and contacts from Rebecca over near Banbury who has them on Ebay

Then get a 848, Multi, hyper, S4R or S4RS rear caliper mount for the speedo drive and most of the functions you require should work

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook