Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Oct-2005, 20:21
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by rob41b
Terrific bud. Please let me know how you get on with the Dash. I'm considering one for my SB8. Did you get the CC rear sets through Spares shack?

TIA, Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee1980
Mmmmm Are those Cycle cat rear sets? I so want some for mine are so much more expensive than others though

Yes, the rearsets are Cycle Cat and they did come through Spareshack. The clip-ons are also a strange set-up from cyclecat combining some Monster with 996 bits as the standard forks are a different diameter to the Ohlins jobbies. Just one of the many 'issues' we encountered along the way.

The dash has yet to be wired up but it has been working so we know that it does what it should. The main thing we wanted to test was that with the original clocks with the immobiliser removed, the bike would still start. With the FIM chip, everything worked just as we expected.

Hope this helps

simon
Old 25-Oct-2005, 20:31
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Simon all I can say is WOW-that is a credit to you mate-you're not seriously going to ride it are you-looks like a show bike to me.

As I said, there's been a lot of time spent on this and I'm usually not precious about things but when I saw this (nearly) finished, it would be really silly to let any road grime and salt get near it. I will ride it but I think that it will be sunny days only bike now which will be a shame. I guess it will see the track on the Monster Mallory track day but I think that will be the nearest it will get to being ridden to anywhere near it's potential.

Show bikes? What is that about then - do they never get ridden and just get polished while waiting for the next show? If I had unlimited funds and a large hallway / lounge in which to keep it as a showpiece then perhaps I would be able to do that but I will be riding the bike although not as often as I would perhaps do if it was still standard. I was toying with the idea of taking it to the Ducati Week next year and entering it for the Monster Challenge though but that's a big 'maybe'. Anybody done that before?

Quote:
Originally posted by MontyYou mentioned in your write up the 'carbon man'-does he do repairs?-if so I need to talk to him.

John

He may do but I don't know of him personally. Give Dave Wood a call and he should be able to sort you out.

Hope this helps

Regards

simon
Old 25-Oct-2005, 20:42
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
my god - how many hours???? - great work !!!!

Not as many as you would think. The main hold-ups were design changes from both myself and Dave. For example, we would put on the exhausts and be happy but then we would change our minds and think that they would look better at a different angle. Of course this would all be decided after they had all been polished and mounted rather than planning it all in advance.

It's the small details that I am happiest with. One of the first things that I wanted to do was to highlight the trellis frame so had it painted red. While it was apart, we got chatting and Dave mentioned that the little cable ties attached to the frame really spoilt the lines so when the frame was stripped, he welded lugs on the inside of the frame so that all the wiring would be held in place on the inside - and voila, a completely cable tie free trellis frame. Not obvious at first glance but compare them side by side and you'll see an immediate difference. That's why I think the project has taken so long as one idea set off another idea and before you know it, it's out of control (in a nice way though).

We are still bouncing a few more ideas around about the exhaust system. Thinking of losing it altogether and exiting it through the seat unit but that will have to wait for a while yet. We'll get this back on the road first.

Laters

simon
Old 25-Oct-2005, 21:11
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
Sweet! A credit to all your hard work.

Surely a star exhibit for next years BMF show.
Old 25-Oct-2005, 22:53
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Curiously..the bloke whos took over the long termer S4R in More Crap News, sez he wants to ditch the c/c rearsets becuase the foot positioning is poor..he says he'll look for a different make..he'll have a job..there arent any...

Nat