Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Aug-2013, 23:55
Montjuic

Help to identify a late 50's 125 single frame

Hi, its been a few years since I've been on the site, but I still have the 92 Ducati Supersport along with a couple of old brits.

I've just acquired a little ex racer from the 70's which will upset a few, but I would like to identify the frame.

I think its a late 50's 125 frame with a 69 Triumph Daytona engine squeezed in. It was used and raced extensively in the 70's around the British circuits. Since then its has been owned by 1 other person who resurected it for sprinting over 2 seasons around 10 years ago.

The frame does not have a factory serial number anywhere I can find (US export?), but scouring the internet it really looks like a 56 or 57 125 GP racing frame. It is a single tube frame, with cradle that has been modified for the Triumph engine. The key diference I see from the later 125's is the frame part from centre down tube to seat rail joined at an angle with a welded tab whereas the later ones curve where it joins the seat rail just in front of the rear suspension.

Hopefully somebody may be able to help me identify the frame. If I can attach pictures I will of the bike as it is and what I feel it may be or at least related to in some way.

Thaks

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA-2010Trip125GP-001.jpg (236.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2238 c2.jpg (175.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-Aug-2013, 10:05
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
I cant tell from these photos with any certainty and a photo of yours from the other side would help.

Drop me an e-mail to chris.bushell@ducatisportingclub.com and I am sure we can sort it out. I have an original 125 Sport so we can compare the measurements, etc.

Chris