Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Aug-2013, 21:52
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
A bit of Maintenance for the M1100

Thought I should get on and replace the worn out original chain today,with a 106 link Tsubaki X-ring chain, I also decided to replace the standard rear sprocket with a Renthal quick change carrier and Alloy sprocket that's two teeth bigger than standard.

I also fitted a new AFAM 15T front sprocket replacing the 14T one I fitted when I first got the bike.
After a little over 14000 miles the rear sprocket wasn't to bad.

Hopefully this will get rid of some of the rough feel when riding and hopefully rebuilding the slipper clutch in the near future should then return it to delivering a nice smooth ride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Renthal Front.jpg (284.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Renthal Rear.jpg (277.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg New_C&S.jpg (133.6 KB, 14 views)

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Aug-2013, 00:09
MotoGP God

Looking at the 3rd pic it might be time to fit the footrests from the EVO, tidy up the look a bit

Old 25-Aug-2013, 08:40
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Nice work Kev, just a shame that modern Ducati header pipes look crap so quickly...
Old 25-Aug-2013, 23:39
MotoGP God

Haven't serviced the clutch yet but went for a ride over to H-Cafe this afternoon to allow the Chain to pull itself out.
Felt odd to ride as the rear ride height was a bit high following the change in gearing and subsequent adjustment of the eccentric to take out the chain slack, but didn't want to do it until I had been for a ride as I knew it would need redoing afterwards

So after filling the tank and then dropping in on Kev and Trudi on the way home I set about readjusting the chain followed by a lowering of the rear ride height with a few turns of the WP shock.
Also took a few PSI out of the recently fitted front tyre as I always initially over inflate them to make sure they seal on the rim.

So with all that done the bike is ready for the ride to Popham tomorrow for Dick's (the airfield manager) retirement fly-in

Old 26-Aug-2013, 22:57
MotoGP God

That will teach me to spend money on my bikes

It was all going so well today riding down to Popham and meeting up with the stalwarts of the Hants group, then the Popham curse caught up with me on the way home.

Big thanks to Kevin Palmer for picking me up from H-Cafe and running me home so that I could pick up my van and go and collect my stricken Monster.

Almost dead electrics and showing code 0005 Sw.R

So just about to head over to bike night in the van and collect the bike, will have to sort it out at the end of the week, pretty certain I have what ever spare is required

When I got back to the cafe with the van, I tried the bike again and still a blank dash,quick check across the optimate connector with my meter and only getting 10 volts. so removed seat and tank panels, unbolted the tank and checked the connections, 30A fuse etc and all OK.

Swapped the Ignition relay for one of the spares I carry in the van and at least the dash came to life, still not starting so scrolled the dash to read battery volts, and got battery error, another scroll and got Start error. Used Jump leads to connect to the van, bike started and dash displayed 13.7 volts, disconnected jump lead and bike cut out.

So removed battery and fitted the YTX7 spare for the race bike and the bike started and ran OK with the dash displaying 13.6 volts. So loaded it into the back of the van. Bike is now back at home and i'm just about to try charging the original battery as i suspect the relay contacts worn

Old 26-Aug-2013, 23:50
MotoGP God

My Mistake, turns out its not an Ignition relay but the lighting relay, I wonder if after parking it and turning off the ignition the lights stayed on and drained the battery, hard to tell when i parked it facing the hedge on what was a bright sunny afternoon

Old 27-Aug-2013, 22:25
MotoGP God

All back together and working after pinching the battery off the yellow/blue DD bike as its the correct one, done a couple of short journeys including one about 15 minutes ago. Dash and lights all behaved and volt meter was displaying values that I would expect from a healthy charging system. Original battery is all showing green on the Optimate. So hopefully changing the relay has cured the problem