Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Sep-2006, 23:02
Dibble

no, but the impatient git came round the outside of me ... in the queue in pit lane ????? lol
Old 14-Sep-2006, 09:57
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Well done Annette

Great evening, ran like clockwork. Lovely to see so many DSC friends there. Alan, great to have you as a target on the track. Lots of newbies out there. All credit to them for choosing the memorial evening as their first track event.

Spectacular ride home, from a lightning, sheet rain and lorry spray point of view, and now the job of collecting money from my sponsors

To all of those who sponsored me and read this board, a BIG THANK YOU. I did all three sessions so you're in for the full whack. I'll be PMing, phoning, e-mailing if I have your e-mail addy and camping on your doorstep until I get your money so you may as well stop what you're doing and get your cheque books out now. I'll be in touch with details of where to send it.
Old 14-Sep-2006, 10:07
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogalman
The curry afterwards was spot on . Cheers Jeff.
No worries it was the least I could do.
Thanks Annette, had a good evening and finally putting a few names to faces.
Hope you raised a lot of money for Riders.

Last edited by jeff st4s : 14-Sep-2006 at 12:17.
Old 14-Sep-2006, 10:11
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
We had good fun, #111 had some new tyres scrubbed in and #112 had it's shakedown run. We got some great footage with the on-board camera as well!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 14-Sep-2006, 11:38
Mille

Mood: Got a life and have no agenda!!
A great evening. Lots of money raised for a good charity. Thanks to everybody involved. Thanks too to Focused Events. I'm still in shock and still grinning about winning the tip top prize in the raffle. Kind of ironic really, as at the same event last year I doubled the weight of the bike I was riding by filling it with Paddock Hill bend gravel!!

I got totally soaked through on the way home though with possibly the worst weather I have ever ridden in. Payback?!

Thanks again everybody.
Old 14-Sep-2006, 11:51
GTL

You lot are lovely! This is the way I see it.
Kevin makes it happen and does all the hard work. Jonathan gives up the track to you all and the marshals do their usual sterling job, for nothing. Ditto medical staff and race control.
Riders for Health, Darrell Healey, Nat, Essex County Choppers in Upminster, Essex (Chris/Ant E), Chris Bushell, Andy and Donna, Henners,
Ducati UK & final edition donate fab raffle prizes.
Kevin pulls the rabbit out of the hat by throwing in a holiday inc flights, 5* accom for 5 nights and 4 nights on track.
Creative-Fx made up those 3 DH R4H banners especially for the event.
Wilf at Moto Rapido Ducati, Dibble and Andy and Donna at CSS raised loads of dosh with their auctions that kept us all entertained over the last few weeks.
Chi – you’re a diamond.
Chris – thanks for dragging me down the pub every time I got neurotic during the lead up to the big night.
£600 worth of raffle tickets was sold in around ½ hour. We ran out of tickets and Jon Tait (MSV) had a rummage around and came up with a few more. So we can safely say that in excess of £800 was raised by the raffle alone.
Thank you for all the sponsorship you worked so hard to get. And Ruth! Blimey. Take a couple of days off and put your feet up.
Thanks to all those friendly faces that weren’t riding and came down to support the even.
Thanks to all the Emails and text messages from those who couldn’t be there.
I hope I haven’t forgotten anybody.
My highlights of the evening. I have two.
Doug’s face when they pulled his number.
Driving across the track at the end of the evening and saying good night to my man (his ashes are at the top of Paddock Hill).
Thank you all so much for making it happen and for being so generous.
Old 14-Sep-2006, 11:57
GTL

I forgot somebody!
Thanks to Ali for bringing along the eye candy in the form of his ex school buddy! Profuse thanks from us girls.
Old 14-Sep-2006, 13:46
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Annette, you're a star. As I rode across the track to leave, there was a huge flash of lightening which split the sky horizontally. I didn't know Dave's ashes were where they are but it has just made that particular flash of lightening all the more poignant. Last night will go down in my memory as one very exceptional evening. Thank you and thanks to all those involved.
Old 14-Sep-2006, 18:20
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
I had a great evening - thanks to Annette, FE and Mr Palmer. All in aid of a good cause and a fitting tribute to Dave.
I even went home with a smile despite overcooking the entry to Clearways and parking it in the gravel and curtailing the penultimate session for Group 2!
Sorry!!

RX
Old 14-Sep-2006, 18:55

Greeting all from an ex track day virgin and now a track day junkie! Also from the latest newbie to this site. Stu748 got me introduced to some of you over the last year and yesterday was my first ever track day.
The event was superb and i was proud to have my debut on a track as the Dave Harris Riders for Health event.
The riding itself was terrific, the company superb.

However,,,, I have issues with GOD over my raffle prize,,,,just because I was a first timer didn't mean i'd scare myself ****less so I didn't really need that pair of underpants!!!!! But thanks for them anyway, they will always be close to my,, heart.

Comments so far from Stu & Dave,,,,, well, I’ll leave them to heckle me again in print if they so chose.
My lovely step daughter said "but the holiday was only for 5 days, the pants you can wear for ages!" I shall be docking her allowance accordingly!

My best to you all, especially Annette

Chaz

Last edited by Comedy Chaz : 14-Sep-2006 at 19:00.