Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 20-Oct-2006, 11:41
Mille

Mood: Happy go lucky..most of the time!
e bike

Hi,
Just got ownership of my 999s and cant wait to get out on her....just doin the rounds on getting quotes for the insurance and E bike are coming out the cheapest....anybody had any dealings with them? i am with Carol Nash at the mo and they arent playing ball!

Cheers
Old 20-Oct-2006, 11:57
Montjuic
Bikes: MS1200S, T150V

Mood: Hopeful
Smile e-bike

First of all, you lucky so and so. The 'S' is my dream bike. Any road, e-bike have been great over the past 2 years I've used them. Running an St4s and a Blade, their price was best and service great. Continental touring was a simple matter of letting them know by email which a real person responded to within hours. Only problem has been on-line tax renewal. The gov site sees my Blade insurance but not the Duke. What bad taste is that?
Safe riding, Norm.
Old 20-Oct-2006, 11:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
try ducati insurance they just quoted me £250 less than ebike
Old 20-Oct-2006, 12:16
Mille

Mood: Happy go lucky..most of the time!
Yeh cheers for that i have tried Ducati insurance and thet are a bit dearer for me plus they dont include legal expences which i found a bit wierd they said you have to have the accident and then they put you in touch with somebody and then they tell you the cost seperatley all sounded a bit funny to me! apparentley its how they keep there costs down "we dont sell you something that you might never need"
Old 20-Oct-2006, 12:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleX
Yeh cheers for that i have tried Ducati insurance and thet are a bit dearer for me plus they dont include legal expences which i found a bit wierd they said you have to have the accident and then they put you in touch with somebody and then they tell you the cost seperatley all sounded a bit funny to me! apparentley its how they keep there costs down "we dont sell you something that you might never need"

on my renewal its £15 extra for claims assistance

It has come in at £698 for a 2006 RSV1000R and a 2004 749.

London postcode, garaged, social /pleasure use, 2yrs ncb, clean license, no claims made, and I am 38. Dunno f that helps as a reference

anyone suggest a firm which might do better than Ducati Ins?
Old 20-Oct-2006, 13:03
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
Access Underwriting were mentioned on the last post on "Excellent deal on insurance!" You can find them on http://www.insuremyducati.co.uk
Old 20-Oct-2006, 13:30
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisps
Access Underwriting were mentioned on the last post on "Excellent deal on insurance!" You can find them on http://www.insuremyducati.co.uk

thanks for that, they quoted less than £400 for the 749 on its own, have asked to to get back to me about the RSV
Old 22-Jul-2011, 23:37

ducati insurance is the cheapest i found i tried them all just say a bit dear and straight away offered introducion offer discount
Old 22-Jul-2011, 23:59
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Been with ebike for a few years, but have now switched to DialDirect as their comp insurance was less than ebike's TPFT price.

HTH

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 24-Jul-2011, 08:53
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Try Hastings Direct, 748R year 2000 , 1 sp30 , Termi's, Radial fork bottoms & Calipers, Fibergals Chili rep fairing, 9 years no claims bonus £114

Chris