Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Nov-2003, 18:44

Mood: Want some knee down action
Rear seat cloth?

Hi all,

I am looking for something to cover the rear seat on my yellow 998S, and found this on the DP catalogue: ref 969444AAA, described as rear seat cloth. I just don't seem to understand how it works, does it replace the rear seat, or just covers it? and in that case what holds it? Anyone has this? The local dealer also doesn't seem to know a clue about it...

Thanks in advance for the reply.

PC
Old 20-Nov-2003, 12:53
Mille

Hi,
The rear seat "Cloth" as they call it is a replacement for the pillion pad complete. Not sure if the D.P. one is made of carbon or G.R.P. it ought to be carbon for the money they were asking for it at my local dealers!! (They'd not heard of one either, 'till I showed them in their catalogue!) I gather they bolt on as per the stock pad.
Regards, Pete
Old 20-Nov-2003, 15:04
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
According to the Ducati Spare Parts catalogues for the 998S, a yellow passenger seat unit is Part Number 595.1.030.2BC

But you might be better off getting one from eBay or the board here if all you need is a replacement!
Old 21-Nov-2003, 11:52

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete A
Hi,
The rear seat "Cloth" as they call it is a replacement for the pillion pad complete. Not sure if the D.P. one is made of carbon or G.R.P. it ought to be carbon for the money they were asking for it at my local dealers!! (They'd not heard of one either, 'till I showed them in their catalogue!) I gather they bolt on as per the stock pad.
Regards, Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply.

You just confirmed what I thought, and you are right, it is expensive! My dealer ordered it anyway, but I told him that if it doesn't bolt to the bike in any way, he would have to sell it to somebody else

Cheers

PC
Old 21-Nov-2003, 11:55

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
According to the Ducati Spare Parts catalogues for the 998S, a yellow passenger seat unit is Part Number 595.1.030.2BC

But you might be better off getting one from eBay or the board here if all you need is a replacement!

Hi Antonye,

I don't want to replace the seat, I just want the bike to look like a mono, because in almost one year of ownership, that back seat has never been used I guess bikes are a selfish plaisure after all

Thanks for the reply anyway

PC