Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Oct-2006, 19:56
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth
What it means Tim, is that at the moment the RC thing appears to be completely undefined. If you're talking about doing things through official channels then, according to point 6b of the minutes from the last AGM, an EGM can be called for by 50 fully paid up members putting a 'demand' in writing, stating the business to be discussed. The notice for an EGM currently stands at 30 days. It will change to 60 if the new draft constitution is adopted, but that isn't going to be for well over a month so now's the time to act if you want something done in time for next season, as far as I can see.

Thanks Ruth, so if I get 50 members who, like me, are looking for transparency of how the RC is elected, I can call an EGM and the MT will be required to answer my questions relating to this?

Or could they just simply respond to this thread? Save a lot of hassle wouldn't it? Unless there's skeletons!!!

Tim
Old 09-Oct-2006, 20:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Yep. And votes are determined by a simple majority, with the Chair having a casting vote in the event of a tie.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 21:03
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Thanks Ruth, so if I get 50 members who, like me, are looking for transparency of how the RC is elected, I can call an EGM and the MT will be required to answer my questions relating to this?

Or could they just simply respond to this thread? Save a lot of hassle wouldn't it? Unless there's skeletons!!!

Tim

Sorry, not my place in DD but i believe what is going on here has a major impact on this club and its future as a club rather than a race organisation.

Tim, you can't call an egm, the club currently runs under the rules as printed on the back of the membership form , no facility exists for any member or group of members to call an EGM unless MT agree to it..... One of the main reasons for the time and effort I put into the review was to allow the membership the opportunity to make changes when needed as the current rules totally prevent this.

Even if the new constitution is adopted ( actually its almost impossible for any MT proposal not to be adopted) it still does not go into the day to day running of club activities which have to be MT decisions and quorums and required number of MT votes are defined in the new document ( or they were on the last version I saw).

To really effect a change in the running of DD ( is that what the aim is??) you need to have a majority on the MT and be willing to have input into the rest of the club activities. A member of MT will represent the views of the DD racers but those views are passed via a sub committe ( riders reps), All of MT then make a decision on it considering that input, this is exactly how regions and events have their input and follows established club guidelines. To cover sub committees within the constitution review would have taken forever but could form part of another review at a later date if MT approved that review.

Greater transparency can only come from the MT member who represents DD. I would add that part of the review also required MT meeting minutes to be published within a set time frame which should help with this if its still in.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 21:20
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Sorry, not my place in DD but i believe what is going on here has a major impact on this club and its future as a club rather than a race organisation.

Tim, you can't call an egm, the club currently runs under the rules as printed on the back of the membership form , no facility exists for any member or group of members to call an EGM unless MT agree to it..... One of the main reasons for the time and effort I put into the review was to allow the membership the opportunity to make changes when needed as the current rules totally prevent this.

Even if the new constitution is adopted ( actually its almost impossible for any MT proposal not to be adopted) it still does not go into the day to day running of club activities which have to be MT decisions and quorums and required number of MT votes are defined in the new document ( or they were on the last version I saw).

To really effect a change in the running of DD ( is that what the aim is??) you need to have a majority on the MT and be willing to have input into the rest of the club activities. A member of MT will represent the views of the DD racers but those views are passed via a sub committe ( riders reps), All of MT then make a decision on it considering that input, this is exactly how regions and events have their input and follows established club guidelines. To cover sub committees within the constitution review would have taken forever but could form part of another review at a later date if MT approved that review.

Greater transparency can only come from the MT member who represents DD. I would add that part of the review also required MT meeting minutes to be published within a set time frame which should help with this if its still in.

Thanks for the response - at the risk of sounding overly controversial - it seems like a closed shop to me!!!

Now this may be normal practice, but it seems strange to me. So if an individual wants to be on the RC (not a rider's rep), they need to be elected onto the MT first and then get a majority vote to be nominated as the DD representative for the MT?

Some questions;
- What's the process for getting onto the committee?
- What is the process for nominating / voting the MT member onto the RC?
- Who are the present members of the MT and what are their roles?

Many thanks
Tim
Old 09-Oct-2006, 21:39
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
50 people to form an egm, FM you could change a goverment with less, you'r spot on with that Tim closed shop
Old 09-Oct-2006, 21:42
WSB Hero

I've moved these specific points over to Paul James' new thread;

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=37362
Old 09-Oct-2006, 22:52
Big Twin

Quote:
Thanks for the response - at the risk of sounding overly controversial - it seems like a closed shop to me!!!

Now this may be normal practice, but it seems strange to me. So if an individual wants to be on the RC (not a rider's rep), they need to be elected onto the MT first and then get a majority vote to be nominated as the DD representative for the MT?

Some questions;
- What's the process for getting onto the committee?
- What is the process for nominating / voting the MT member onto the RC?
- Who are the present members of the MT and what are their roles?

Many thanks
Tim

Sorry Tim, I didn't explain that very clearly.

No laid down procedure exists within the current or reworded constitution for the make up or powers of sub committees of which the DD RC would be one. There is a clause which allows the formation of sub committees.

No laid down procedure exists within the current or reworded constitution as to who is appointed DD representative within MT or how that vote takes place. This could be easily sorted by adding a 10th MT member responsible for DD or amending proposed job roles to suit.

it is my belief that the club can only move step by step, firstly we need a framework which allows membership to have the facility to make changes and for the clubs rules to adapt to changes in the way the club runs. The new constitution almost does that and provides an opportunity for more members to get involved, over time things like RC and sub committee procedure can be formalized but at this time and considering the number of people prepared to get involved in the "politics" which make this happen it isn't going to be in the short term.

To guarantee you can make changes, yes, you need to get elected to MT and be able to convince the other members of MT that the change needed is in the clubs interest and get a majority to support it. That is the same for any other part of the club, be it regions, Pronto whatever.

I agree its a closed shop or at least looks like it to the average member hence my attempts to go to annual election of officials like every other club I've seen, this hasn't happened but even if it did are there enough committed and willing volunteers to step into the posts if they became available? its very easy to knock existing MT until you ask yourself "am I prepared to do that job?"
Old 09-Oct-2006, 22:59
WSB Hero

Thanks Gizmo - I am not knocking the existing MT, merely trying to best understand the process. I may however indirectly be knocking the process(es).

I may be prepared to stand for election to the MT to run the DD series - but I do feel that I might have blotted my copybook by challenging existing practices. At least that's how it feels sometimes.

Tim
Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:04
Big Twin

Quote:
Thanks Gizmo - I am not knocking the existing MT, merely trying to best understand the process. I may however indirectly be knocking the process(es).

I may be prepared to stand for election to the MT to run the DD series - but I do feel that I might have blotted my copybook by challenging existing practices. At least that's how it feels sometimes.

Tim

No probs Tim, I'm just trying to keep anyone interested informed of where we got to with some of those proposed systems. there is room for improvement but at least if its adopted it allows that to happen albeit maybe not at the speed some would want. i don't think anyone really knows how much time and effort was put into getting as far as we did but ti still needs more
Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:06
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
No probs Tim, I'm just trying to keep anyone interested informed of where we got to with some of those proposed systems. there is room for improvement but at least if its adopted it allows that to happen albeit maybe not at the speed some would want. i don't think anyone really knows how much time and effort was put into getting as far as we did but ti still needs more

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.