Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Aug-2006, 16:51
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Sprezza, that brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Get the M600 for around £1750 and you can still afford a CB500 or Bandit for bad old London.
Old 10-Aug-2006, 17:14

Mood: Perpetual excitement
Pleasure.

That M600 looks to be in pretty good nick?

It is a W and has been standing for a couple of years... what are the main things to look for?
Old 10-Aug-2006, 17:27
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Belts would be the main issue but if Neil at Cornerspeed has been looking after it, you'll have no worries at all.
Old 10-Aug-2006, 18:54
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Only had my 600 Monster Hack for about 2 months now, I've done 2500 miles in that time riding it up and down the A34 to work and back.
I picked it up cheap from a advert off this message board. Its less of a hack now than it was as I have stripped and regreased all the rear suspension, dumped the original front rubber brake hose and fitted a aeroquip hose along with new pads. repaired the broken engine bolt and swapped the bent bars.
I find it a great little bike for just throwing my leg over and going for a hack about on. Good tyres, good brakes (now) and the suspension all works pretty much as it you would expect on what has always been a built to budget bike.
Its 10 years old with 47k on the clock which is kmh but has a speed convertor fitted so its done in excess of 30K miles, probably seen a few winter roads in that time and is STILL a good little bike

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Aug-2006, 20:52
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Belts would be the main issue but if Neil at Cornerspeed has been looking after it, you'll have no worries at all.

Belts, oil & fork seal & fork oil changed last week (Cornerspeed) carbs reset, MOT & Taxed last week.

It is a bargain.

Chris.
Old 10-Aug-2006, 21:26
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezza
Hmmm - that sounds good....

What is your opinion on a Monster as a first bike?

A great first bike and generaly a great bike, bought my M600 nearly three years ago and have not looked back. As others have said easy to ride, good fun and lots of grin factor. One thing i would say is if your going for all year round riding you've got the right idea aiming for a later fuel injected model if your budget will allow, the older carb models like mine can suffer from carb icing in colder/damper conditions.

Cheers,

Shandy
Old 11-Aug-2006, 08:08
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
One thing to consider with a monster is - how tall are you? If you are over about 5'10" or so, test ride it first as it may be uncomfortably cramped. But a great first bike.
Old 11-Aug-2006, 10:50

Mood: Perpetual excitement
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork orange
One thing to consider with a monster is - how tall are you? If you are over about 5'10" or so, test ride it first as it may be uncomfortably cramped. But a great first bike.

5'9" so should be OK.

Just got into work now after spending 3 hrs stationary in a car on the M4 (should be a 50 min journey). Sitting there watching all the bikes filtering through.

Not jealous, honest.
Old 11-Aug-2006, 11:39
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork orange

At 6'4" I don't have any problems, admittedly I’ve made couple of adjustments along the way, rear suspension jack up kit, Corbin seat and foot peg positions which all make it easy to ride. At 5'9" you should have no problems at all.

If anything my monster is more comfortable and easier to ride than my 916 but then they are different animals.

Cheers,

Shandy
Old 11-Aug-2006, 11:40
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezza
5'9" so should be OK.

Just got into work now after spending 3 hrs stationary in a car on the M4 (should be a 50 min journey). Sitting there watching all the bikes filtering through.

Not jealous, honest.

Liar! I'm always jealous of the bikes when I have to go up to London!!