Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Jan-2009, 17:36

748R Noise Levels

Just about to book my first trackday but don't know if my 748R is under the 100db noise restrictions for a quiet day at Croft.

Has anyone tested a standard 748R with termis, was it under 100db.

Cheers
Michael
Old 13-Jan-2009, 18:02
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambl0001
Just about to book my first trackday but don't know if my 748R is under the 100db noise restrictions for a quiet day at Croft.

Has anyone tested a standard 748R with termis, was it under 100db.

Cheers
Michael

Hi Michael,
Yes my 748r has been tested with 50mm termi slipons, and no it was not under 100db, sorry.

Chris
Old 13-Jan-2009, 18:20
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
It's very unlikely that your 748r with termi slips on will be quiet enough to pass the noise test at croft on a quiet day

I'd guess your bike will be just over 100db, a few of us up here with termis or various ducatis have been to Croft and I've yet to see one less than 100db so it's been noisy days for us.

You might be able to find someone local with a noise meter to see roughtly how loud your bike is now or turn up on a day well before you book to get your bike tested. But in recent years croft seems to get booked up months in advance.

You could try some DB killers but I'm no fan of them.

As a gentle introduction to trackdays you won't do much better than the DSC days at Cadwell, no probs there with a 105 db limit.

Regards,

Ray
Old 13-Jan-2009, 22:42
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hi,

I'm up in the Northern wastelands as well and might be able to still get access to a noise meter.

Please PM or email the webteam using the links below if its of interest.
Old 14-Jan-2009, 15:42
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting at the Crossroads......
I did a Brands trackday last year on my 2001 748R - full 50mm Termi's.

It was 103 Db at about 5,000 - 5,500 rpm.

You'll be needing a couple of Db killers - I had them fitted for a track session at the Nurburgring F1 circuit and the Nordschliefe and didn't have any issues.
Old 15-Jan-2009, 16:38

Cheers guys, Oulton Park is looking like the best bet 105db.

Ray, when is the next DSC trackday at Cadwell, I might give that a go. How do you rate Cadwell it has always looked like Olivers Mount to me, very narrow with lots of trees to crash into but that is just from a spectators view point at race meetings.

Lightning boy, do the DB Killer effect performance, don't know much about them? Did Nurburg Ring last year on my R1, scary but ace, drubbed all my mates round there and that's all that matters really isn't it.

Last edited by ambl0001 : 15-Jan-2009 at 16:42.
Old 15-Jan-2009, 22:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
There are noisey days at Croft with a 105db limit, the same organisers of the quiet days usually do the noisey days as well.

The DSC two dayer is 15th and 16th June this year.

Book before 1st march and one day is £115 the two days costs £200 (if you book before Ist March) both these prices include the DSC membership that you must have.

If you can only do one day I'd recommend the 15th, its Ducatis only, so the loon count should be low, if not zero

Ducati UK bring some bikes to thrash..........er test.

I know what you mean about Ollys mount, scary Mclary, Cadwell is just as much fun, more so IMHO (having been on Ollys on closed roads many moons ago) but unlike olivers mount there is some decent space before the barriers and trees at Cadwell on corners after the really quick bits.

Ray

Last edited by Ray : 16-Jan-2009 at 16:47.