Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 31-Oct-2004, 11:14
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Yep, 6th, I'd love nothing more than to eat my hat Skids, (and fair point above), but I can't see him keeping it going for a full race. Shame, either he can't ride it with his 'full on style' or he's simply lacking the motivation - can't be helped by the team by the sound of things. Go Troy.

WeeJohnyB
Old 31-Oct-2004, 12:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
So is Checa a better rider than Baylis or more suited to the sponsors needs.
Been a while since he has won a race and considering he is riding the same bike as this years world champion that has won 8 races with 1 to go he hasn't done a lot this year.
I can't see as he's going to do any better than Baylis
Old 31-Oct-2004, 13:02
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
So is Checa a better rider than Baylis or more suited to the sponsors needs.
Been a while since he has won a race and considering he is riding the same bike as this years world champion that has won 8 races with 1 to go he hasn't done a lot this year.
I can't see as he's going to do any better than Baylis

Nope, I agree. But he's Spanish and that means plenty of sponsorship money. Unfortunately there are plenty of journeymen in top level racing (and most other sports) who are there simply because of the money they bring in.

Darren
Old 31-Oct-2004, 15:06
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Troy is a goddamn legend!

Give the man a front end that works and look what happens!

How about Troy on a Camel Honda? That's the latest news and certainly something he was hinting at with waiting for a 'big' ride to come through. Be interesting to see how he goes on that if he gets it.

I can't wait for next season already - BRING IT ON!!
Old 31-Oct-2004, 15:35
MotoGP God

Works Ducati = Troy Baylis, not Carlos Checa also known a while back as Careless Chucker.
End of a ERA with Troy leaving Ducati, wish it was Shakey replacing him.
Still we will see what next season brings, Hope Troy does well on his new bike what ever it is and if it is a Honda be great to see him ahead of a few of the other Hondas.
Old 31-Oct-2004, 15:43
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Works Ducati = Troy Baylis, not Carlos Checa also known a while back as Careless Chucker.
End of a ERA with Troy leaving Ducati, wish it was Shakey replacing him.
Still we will see what next season brings, Hope Troy does well on his new bike what ever it is and if it is a Honda be great to see him ahead of a few of the other Hondas.

Yeah absolutely Kev, I hope he doesn't join Honda and end up like Edwards this year!

I'm not so sure riding the Kawasaki would be such a good idea for Troy. Look what it did to a proven GP winner in McCoy. Nakano is making that bike look good. While they are having power delivery issues theya re better off keeing a smooth rider on board like Nakano or even Olivier Jacque - not Bayliss.

Bayliss for Camel!
Old 31-Oct-2004, 15:44
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Albie
I dont know so much. I hope he goes out on a high . It maybe too much too late but may show what he was lacking in motivation.

GO TROY and stuff em

And by christ he did so. Well done my man. Ooh a few doubters in this lot. Not surprising though going on past form. And a liitle help from Haydn falling but too finish 3 seconds behind I consider that pretty damn good
Old 31-Oct-2004, 15:49
MotoGP God

Quote:
Quote:
I dont know so much. I hope he goes out on a high . It maybe too much too late but may show what he was lacking in motivation.

GO TROY and stuff em

And by christ he did so. Well done my man. Ooh a few doubters in this lot. Not surprising though going on past form. And a liitle help from Haydn falling but too finish 3 seconds behind I consider that pretty damn good

To be perfectly honest he had Hayden's measure anyway, he was a lot closer to Max but IMO he eased off a bit at the end when he realised he wasn't going to go past Max. Add to that the fact that Max put some gems in on the last few laps.
Old 31-Oct-2004, 17:08
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by tp-996
To be perfectly honest he had Hayden's measure anyway, he was a lot closer to Max but IMO he eased off a bit at the end when he realised he wasn't going to go past Max.

Sounds about right to me Tony, he had reeled them in and was all over Hayden when he ran wide and after that I didn't see Hayden really closing the gap on Max and Troy, shame Eurosport were on a break when Troy tried to pass Max into turn 2, looked as if it cost him a bit of time and allowed Max to pull a gap.
Still it was a excellent race, really enjoyed it, so much so that I've just been out and replaced the Cambelts on my 916.

I should have had a bet with WJB
Old 31-Oct-2004, 20:27
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
mmmmmmmm.....just finished dinner....humple pie and my hat. You defo should have taken a bet Kev. What a boy Bayliss is, wish he'd shown that level of motivation during the year and to think they had the forks 'lying around' all summer. Hope he gets a good ride, maybe a Honda? At least he goes into the winter with his head held high.

WeeJohnyB

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit