Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-May-2005, 11:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Will be one of the first things I do when I get a 999, as it will raise the C 0f G and push it forward for better feel from the front end, without raising the swingarm pivot point, dropping down the forks does move the C of G forward but in turn lowers it.
Old 25-May-2005, 21:15
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Will be one of the first things I do when I get a 999, as it will raise the C 0f G and push it forward for better feel from the front end, without raising the swingarm pivot point, dropping down the forks does move the C of G forward but in turn lowers it.
Thanks for that s/lids thats what i wanted to say.
Old 25-May-2005, 21:52
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
It's what Aprilia did with the '04. Moved the engine forward and down. Moved the tank and seat forward so the rider has more weight over the front wheel. I had a 2000 model before the '04 and the difference was noticable.

Jumping onto the 999 you feel less attached to the front wheel relatively speaking. Moving your own weight forward should improve feedback.
Old 26-May-2005, 00:11
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Before you do any suspension mods to your bike, raise the height of the seat pad!!

Ive just done this, with the help of our Glyn, site seat expert, and what a cracking job hes done!!!

Seat pad raised 3/4" and covered in that nice suede look material, quality finish!

The effect it has had on the riding experience is nothing short of massive! From my uneducated perspective it has given so much more feel from the front end of the bike. It is so much more flickable.

Today at Silverstone most were taking a big swing at the stupis shicane. I was able to stop on the nose and turn in, before flicking over to exit. It is now as i remember my 998!

Any chance you could post a nice piccie Andy?

Also, does Glyn do this professionally or was it a favour to you?

Was it more or less expensive than the Pro-twins one & how does the finish compare?

How long does the mod take to turn around?

Sooooo many questions!!
Old 26-May-2005, 00:35
BSB Star

I seem to be having trouble posting pictures at the moment. Glynn is a professional upholsterer, I think if the going rates are correct, it would be about 25% of the cost!!!

You would have to u2u Glyn for a timescale!! he is very quick though.
Old 26-May-2005, 00:36
BSB Star

Ah it worked. Mine is very much the same as that. Worth every penny!
Old 26-May-2005, 00:54
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ttstu
It's what Aprilia did with the '04. Moved the engine forward and down. Moved the tank and seat forward so the rider has more weight over the front wheel. I had a 2000 model before the '04 and the difference was noticable.

Jumping onto the 999 you feel less attached to the front wheel relatively speaking. Moving your own weight forward should improve feedback.

Have you moved the seat/gas tank up front?
Old 26-May-2005, 00:56
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
I seem to be having trouble posting pictures at the moment. Glynn is a professional upholsterer, I think if the going rates are correct, it would be about 25% of the cost!!!

Looks nice
But it seems higher in the front than in the back of the seat, is that correct or is it just the perspective?
Old 26-May-2005, 10:03
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducnow
Quote:

Looks nice
But it seems higher in the front than in the back of the seat, is that correct or is it just the perspective?

Its just the perspective. On mine the whole of the seat pad area, but not the sides, are raised around 3/4" so you keep the same shape seat but raised where you put ya ass.
Old 26-May-2005, 11:54
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Could you not just push the tank/seat assembly forward as close as you get the tank to the yokes (if you've got a mono) would this not move weight forward?