Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jun-2003, 17:28
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Swingarm...

My 2001 ST2 has a steel swingarm. It has a chip in the paint which has got some surface rust on it (easily dealt with by kurust and waxoyl). I also found today that the rearmost left hand hugger bolt has disappeared, and in no time at all the vibrating hugger has worn through the paint there as well. In addition, the paint on the right hand wheel adjuster has started to bubble.

None of this is serious, just unsightly. I could just touch up the paintwork, or I could get it all powder coated.

I'll probably go down this route until I get some dosh but...

The ST4S has an aluminium swingarm. The DP catalogue also list a lightweight aluminium swingarm for the ST2 which looks identical to the 4S's one. That makes sense. Now I can't believe that Ducati would design a whole unit for the few people that wanted to kit their ST2 with an ally unit so that suggests that the 4S swingarm will bolt straight on.

Am I right? If so, I'll start browsing the breakers ads.

I know Metmachex (spelling?) do an ally one as well, but I would rather go the 4S route if it's a straight swap.
Old 19-Jun-2003, 18:15
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Jools
My bike ('97 ST2 ) was used as the template by Metmachex for the ST swingarm they make. ( Also flogged by Kaemna in Germany for loadsa dosh...)
The original request to manufacture one came from a guy in the States who wanted one for his ST4s.
Don't know how much you could get a 4S swinger for, but as the same Metmachex arm fits the 2 and 4S, I'd expect the 4S arm to fit an ST2.
If you want some photos of the Metmachex arm, let me know.
I'm amazed at how good the finish is on it, I wiped it clean yesterday after many, many moons & it's still as shiny as a shiny thing!
Andy
Old 20-Jun-2003, 14:00
Mille

Mood: Xstatic
...No use now ...but saw an ST4s swingarm for sale on the net for £75 ( rechecked and its been sold ).....so it can't be that bad ?...If the ST4 has an ally one , I know Freedom motorcycles have just got one in to break. 01292880713...