Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:26
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
without getting into a ****ging match mate...

it's our series as much as it's yours.

I was actually on the way to St Neots this weekend to buy a 620i Monster until i had a chat with Monty and Ian last night via email. Now i'm not. It was deal done for the monster on another site.

Just because people are not involved in DD right here right now, doesn't mean they won't be.

It's a DSC series, for DSC, and by DSC. I'm a DSC member and obviously an active poster on the board, therefore, i see it as my right to get involved.

I can also see why you have issues with this, which is why on the other thread i said 'scrap the DD section and take somewhere else'

Weeksy
You'll never race in DD all the time you've got a hole in your arse!!!!!

You just like to get involved, which is fine, but what got me was that two people (one of whom is not a member) were debating where a thread went that didn't directly relate to them.

My view is, that there's been so much crap on here recently regarding DD (from both racers and non-racers) that I've had enough of it.

Perhaps that means nothing to you, but it means a lot to me.

Its time for a seperate, private DSC board, if you're a member you can sign on - if not, join.

Too much crap, too much ****.

Tim
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
I have never debated about DD and I don't ever want to get involved or take part
it sucks and creates to much squabbling
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:40
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
without getting into a ****ging match mate...

it's our series as much as it's yours.

I was actually on the way to St Neots this weekend to buy a 620i Monster until i had a chat with Monty and Ian last night via email. Now i'm not. It was deal done for the monster on another site.

Just because people are not involved in DD right here right now, doesn't mean they won't be.

It's a DSC series, for DSC, and by DSC. I'm a DSC member and obviously an active poster on the board, therefore, i see it as my right to get involved.

I can also see why you have issues with this, which is why on the other thread i said 'scrap the DD section and take somewhere else'

Weeksy
You'll never race in DD all the time you've got a hole in your arse!!!!!

You just like to get involved, which is fine, but what got me was that two people (one of whom is not a member) were debating where a thread went that didn't directly relate to them.

My view is, that there's been so much crap on here recently regarding DD (from both racers and non-racers) that I've had enough of it.

Perhaps that means nothing to you, but it means a lot to me.

Its time for a seperate, private DSC board, if you're a member you can sign on - if not, join.

Too much crap, too much <b>[Censored]</b> .

Tim

Well said Tim.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:42
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by keefer
I have never debated about DD and I don't ever want to get involved or take part

So why post now? You're just adding to the issue.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
I thought most on here were DSC members. Not sure about private forums, open ones are good as prospective members can read them too so maybe have one where only DSC members can post ?
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:46
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

You'd need a forum which requires members to be approved by a webmaster, and only approved members can read posts - that can be done easily. I could set it all up in under an hour.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:48
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by keefer

So why post now? You're just adding to the issue.
I thought that just before I pressed the post button.
but im sure I wont be the first, you DD boys do it every day
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:58
WSB Hero

My final viewpoint on this is that this board can be (and is) read by DD sponsors and potential DD sponsors who may not wish to have their products or services debated openly.

As I understand it, some of the DD riders are now having to put in additional resources (both financial and time) because of a sponsor's changed viewpoint which is directly due to negative comments made on this board.

This cannot be a good thing.

The DD series is a DSC series and we all as DSC members (and posting non-members) have a responsibility to the series. If you don't feel that you want to support the series, then don't, its fine, but don't get involved in a negative way. Why would you?

Negative comments, directly or indirectly about any of the sponsors (or their products) can have a negative affect on the riders and not only do they not support the best interests of the riders, can actually be measured financially.

Tim
Old 03-Mar-2006, 14:04
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Here endeth the listen.....

Well said Tim, common sense may yet prevail....

Can we go race yet?

And next year, and next year and the year after that too please!!!

I may have to run a DD at Phillip Island though, any takers? Oooohh No, too far, too expensive, too hot/wet/cold/early/late
Old 03-Mar-2006, 14:28
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Tyre related email sent out to all riders. Please let me know if you don't get in case your email address is out of date !!!