Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Prev   Next
Old 09-May-2009, 05:12
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Byrne Wins At Monza In The Italian National Superbike Championship

CIV Championship
Thursday May 07 2009CIV Championship SHANE BYRNE WINS AT MONZA IN THE ITALIAN NATIONAL SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP

Monza (Italy), Sunday 3rd May: Shane Byrne wins at Monza, in the second round of the CIV Italian national superbike championship, in which he participated as a way of preparing himself for this weekend's World Superbike round to be held at the same track. The British rider, who started from pole, dominated the race, leading from the end of the first lap. A consistently fast race pace allowed him to build up an impressive 16 second advantage over the chasing pack. Three laps from the finish the race was terminated with a red flag when one of the riders fell.

SHANE BYRNE | Ducati 1098R | race winner: ”it was useful to take part in the Italian championship, and the experience allowed me to build up feeling with the Monza track. I was also able to race against my team manager who is a permanent fixture in the national championship. It was fun to exchange glances with him on the grid but once I put my visor down it was race-time and I was able to complete the 16 rounds at a fast pace, which means I'm more confident going into the Monza World Superbike round this weekend."

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.