Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Jun-2005, 15:38
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
ditto mine

I have two injectors, just that 1 fires in at c7.5k when all hell breaks loose!!

Hope you get it sorted.
P
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:09
Montjuic

Mood: Spiffing
It\'s fixed!!!!!

Just been to collect the old girl and Moto Rapido seem to have done the job, they are not quite sure whether it was the cleaning of the injectors or the using of a new block connector for the rectifer wiring loom (a la Harv 748). My guess is it was the latter, especially as the problem first arose a short while after the rectifyer had blown. Must have damaged the connector, leaving it suseptable to vibration etc.

Must say thanks a lot to Steve and crew at Moto Rapido who fitted in fiddling with it around other work and thus kept overall cost down, 1st class service. Its also nice to think that my bike has taught him something he did not know.

Thanks for all your posts guys, might not have found it without you. Summer officially starts now!
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:12
Big Twin

Nice one....glad it helped in some way!

I've just finished doing my wiring and it all seems to be OK. Will be taking it out for more of a ride over the weekend to check.

Roll on the sun!
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:17
Montjuic

Cheer Harv.

I'm in Southampton, so we should meet up one day, do you get to the Hampshire meets at Popham?
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:22
Big Twin

Yep...have been to several...just depends if I can drag my arse out of bed in the morning or not after a night on the drinkies! Some would say I have a drinking problem...I don't agree...Its when I stop I have the problem!!!

Will try to make the next one though...haven't done so for a few months. Either that or you should pop up here to Foxes one Monday evening or the Oxon meet with Bradders from Gosport...he often drags himself up here.

I used to live in Southampton...Sholing to be precise, when I was a student...oh what mamories (sic)
Old 17-Jun-2005, 14:28
Montjuic

I still am a student, at Soton Uni, some would say a mature one but not the wife!! Trying to get my dissertation done this summer. Send us a U2U with your details and we can arrange a meet some time, off to Assen next week, so will not be for a couple of weeks.
Old 04-Jul-2005, 15:01
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally posted by RickyX
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve B
Currently having similar problems with 1998 916SPS, (FIM chip fitted),once you are over 5500rpm it pulls fast and clean but it has poor throttle response and misfires at several points in the lower rev range.
change of TPS is the next step. Will post results when this has been done.
Keep me posted how you get on.

Blimey! Sounds identical to the problem I now have since fitting FIM UM171 Chip to my (bitsa) 916SPS (8000miles). Almost unrideable in lower rev range (2-4K rpm), splutters, spits and generally runs like a pig - making it impossible to ride smoothly and safely into and out of corners.
I have a JHP Chip for it but that is overfuelling (stinks of fuel) and is a pig to start. Am intending to call MotoRapido as I have a Trackday on Monday!

Bike has had a recent big service and TPS/throttle set up etc etc.

Maybe we can get a "job-lot" discount for finding a cure???

R X

It's Fixed!!

Took my bike to Sigmaperformance and Neil S did some tinkering - needed a new TPS and now it is sorted.

Hurrah!! It's so good to have precise and smooth fuelling!!

R X
Old 07-Jul-2005, 01:46
Mille

Mood: counting down to mad sunday
have not replaced the TPS yet, because it looks like my misfiring is nothing more than lack of battery power due to corroded alternator wiring. Sorting it out myself. then will wait to see what fails next.
after ten years of this pain and suffering why do I still love Ducatis?

Steve