Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Sep-2003, 15:56
500SD

Advice wanted re 998 fairing sides and WSB bellypan

I'm looking to buy the above panels in the near future but wanted to get some opinions from you lot before taking the plunge.

Cost is an issue so probably fiberglass fairing sides (pre-coloured yellow would be ideal) and carbon bellypan.

My bike has a full Termi 54mm RS corse exhaust (ie bl00dy massive pipes!) so bellypan clearance is a problem. I've tried a mates 998 bodywork on my bike and it fits OK except for the bellypan (Casoli one, like 998S/R OEM but with the slots in the bottom filled in) which isn't nearly wide enough or deep enough to clear my exhaust. To give you an idea of how big the exhaust is, I've had to chop about 3 inches out the bottom of my standard sides to clear it.

Anyway, your input please!

Cheers, Neil.
Old 03-Sep-2003, 19:53
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
I think Lilly knows someone that does the fibre glass race fairing for Renegade Ducati. I suspect he would be able to sort you out. For carbon belly pans, I'd go with the genuine article: p/n 48030643A, probably around 350 pounds.
Old 04-Sep-2003, 16:49
Bevel Head

Mood: Duc'd up now
I've got a full 54mm system on my 998r and just fits with the standard 998r fairing and belly pan. Did have to fit a spacer on the right hand footrest to clear the pipes.

Lapman
Old 04-Sep-2003, 18:30
500SD

I probably should have mentioned this before. The bodywork is to fit a 748R and the exhaust is from a 748RS ie non-Testastretta. I think the way the primary pipe runs under the engine from the front cylinder on the Testastretta engine is different and doesn't hang down as low. Also, my exhaust is a proper Corse RS system (18" cans, lambda probes etc) so that may also account for the difference.

Anybody know if a 998 WSB bellypan will fit OEM 998S/R sides (ignoring the side stand issues) as that might be another option for me?

Thanks again guys, Neil.
Old 05-Sep-2003, 00:28
Ducati Corse

I've just fitted a complete 998 fairing and wsb bellypan to my 748.No hassle.Only bit that needed modifying was the v-piece,as it needed a bit shaving off(something to do with the testastretta heads been different),but no probs at all.
Old 05-Sep-2003, 13:24
500SD

Jasper, have sent you mail. Neil.