Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Feb-2005, 10:36
Big Twin

Mood: r
749r problem

i think im going to give ducati leeds 28 days to sort out the cutting out problem if jhp carnt fix the problem,im awaiting a new ecu from ducati,if the problem is still their im out of ideas,the bike has covered no more than 800 miles from new,the bike has cut out from day one(i put it down to new/tight engine) fed up of not having the bike in my garage for me to ride,after the 28 days were in to april! i think im going to ask for a replacement, not what i thought i would get for £13,000
Old 06-Feb-2005, 11:52
Mille

pedro when you say cutting out when and how many times is it happening, iv done 3600 miles on my 749r now and have had the bike just cut out when ticking over now and again but it always restarts, its something that used to happen on my 748 aswell so i just really just exepted it but im curious to know how bad yours proplem is?
Old 06-Feb-2005, 12:27
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Have you done any mods to the bike Pedro?
Old 06-Feb-2005, 13:07
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Pedro,mine cut out when new .i found that by leaving the fast idle lever slightly open it cured the problem.
the third new ECU cured it completely .
What tick over speed have you got when the engine is fuuly warmed up?
Old 06-Feb-2005, 13:18
Big Twin

it cut out when you ie slow down from any speed to a t junction etc.it cuts out also on tick over, but in main its when you down change to lower gears when you roll off the throttle. it does it cold/ warm/ from 20 mph/70 mph. its done this from new in standard form.it has allways had this problem for day one,like i said,i put it down to new engine
Old 06-Feb-2005, 13:59
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
Hi My 999 Did it a couple of times just as you said changing down, just cuts out. Warm or cold. It's not the best feeling in the world when it happens (coming into a roundabout with cars up your ass). It must be to do with the ECU as mine dosen't do it now since having the race system with the diffrent ECU. Have you spoke to Ducati UK yet? Hope you get it sorted. Cheers steve
Old 06-Feb-2005, 15:34
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Pedro,

If it's anything like the 749S, it's all to do with cam timing. I had a similar problem on my bike, but it wasn't as severe. It was fixed by setting up the cam timing and tickover again. JHP/Ducati Leeds should know that? Might be worth prompting them though...

Good luck.
Old 06-Feb-2005, 15:56
Big Twin

Mood: happy
most 748R's had that problem, used to really p*ss me off, id be at junctions/lights reving the bike to keep it going. Very cautious when i bought the 996R, this baby runs so sweetly im glad I changed.
Old 06-Feb-2005, 16:49
GTL

Mood: Busy, Busy...Busy!
my 749 had the same problem an it turned out to be the coils!
These were replaced and has been problem free since, fingers crossed!
Old 06-Feb-2005, 16:56
Big Twin

jhp on the case now, ducati uk told jhp to do so many things to settings,this hasnt fixed it so its the ecu next,if its not that?..i have faith in jhp to sort it for my track time in spain in 2-3 weeks.