Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Feb-2005, 13:32
GTL

Electricsheep did yours cut out when it was standard without all the exhaust and power commander etc ?
Old 27-Feb-2005, 13:50
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Yes it does do it as standard.

My signature is slightly ahead of time. The pipe and power commander go on next saturday. I am hoping that with the custom map the problem will disappear.

What is strange is that it seems to be worse on certain days. I haven't figured out what the pattern is yet.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:05
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
its not a ? about copeing with a race bike twpd,the 749r is sold by ducati with indicators,number plate etc for road use,its a road bike,the bike should tick over on its side stand & when coming to a holt.

What exhaust are you running Pedro??
Old 27-Feb-2005, 18:17
GTL

It will be interesting to see if it improves with the new bits on
Old 28-Feb-2005, 10:48
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Having had both 748R and 749R I can tell you the problem is much the same , both mine only ever cut out at tick over , never on down shifts (I don't know what you are doing to make that happen )

I was told by John Tayforth (after sales manager at the time) when I had the 748R that it was partly temperature related and partly because of the lighter flywheel.
Apparently all 748's are more sensetive to mixture / temperature fluctuations and don't like ticking over if the ambient temperature is under 14 degrees (quite often here in Aberdeen) as cold air is denser and affects the fuelling , this combined with the lighter flywheel on the R model results in engine stall at tickover.

The cure , adjust the potentiometers to account for low temperature fuelling fluctuations and increase idle revs slightly , problem gone
Old 03-Mar-2005, 22:05

I have a 748RS and it never does it, so I don't think it is due to the state of tune. More likely a design fault or component fault?
Having said that it does idle around 1500+
Old 03-Mar-2005, 23:53
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1
My bike is booked in for a full set up /dyno run etc.

..but whos paying for all this? When I got my sps it had amajor fuel issue, similar to what is described here. fix it or get it back is my attitude - why do you put up with it??
Old 03-Mar-2005, 23:59
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
I find it quite amusing to see all this whingeing about cutting out. If you can't cope with a high performance bike's foibles (as in something that is almost a race bike) then you should go get yourselves a nice little commuter. Anything in the state of tune that a 749R or 748R is in will be less than perfectly mannered at low engine speeds... they designed to be ragged..not plodded around on!

Ducati must love peolpe like you then, willing to put up with crap product and excuse it so easily! It is sold as a road bike and must fit that purpose.
Old 18-Mar-2005, 18:44

Mood: Getting the garage sorted!!
Not just an r problem maybe

Time for my two penneth!!! (bad spelling)

Had the 749s since jan (03 mod) mine cut out at junctions and stuff but have since learnt that i need to warm it up a bit before i ride of on it (Multistrada went from the word go). So that is not a problem to me

Since today was the first nice warm day out on the bike i decide to give it a handfull (as you do) When the tacho gets to 6 in any gear the bike just dies (not clever on dual cabbageway when trying to overtake) any small throttle openings it is fine till I get to 6.

Well bike going in on Thursday and i have a feeling the ducati warrenty runs out a week or so after.

Thinking the few quid for 2 years extra warrenty was well worth it.

Before any body jumps on me as the previous post, I have gone into this with open mind, love the bike to death and i am sure all will be well: