Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Feb-2005, 16:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Does it only cut out when it's in gear or doesn't it matter?
There've been a few that have had the clutch dragging. Pull up to a junction in second or first, clutch in and brakes on, but the clutch drags and stalls te motor. Bleeding the clutch has sorted it.
If it cuts out in neutral then please ignore the above and let JHP sort it
Old 06-Feb-2005, 17:26
Big Twin

Mood: r
cuts out in neutral,rolling with clutch in when changing down ,
Old 06-Feb-2005, 17:30
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Forget the bike , do that bloody heating
Old 07-Feb-2005, 11:46
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
This is definitely a case of "they all do that"

My 748R did it , Mrs eggs 748R did it , my 749R does it...............

My 999S didn't , it would tick over for ever.

I'm told it's a trait of the smaller engine , especially the R's due to the lighter flywheel
Old 07-Feb-2005, 11:53
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Think the 748R's had the issue because of the dual injectors, and when you shut off the extra fuel sits on top of the butterflies until it begins to pour into the barrels, and hasn't vapourised correctly and effectively flood the engine...

Something along those lines, I'd of thought they would have solved this with the 749R though
Old 07-Feb-2005, 12:09
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Yep

deffo a feature of the smaller bore r's from what I have heard and experienced.

Mine still does it if i shut off too quickly or have the revs high and stop. Does it on idle as well, pain in the arse when you are trying to warm it up.

Changing the chip can help and I believe the jhp one is very good for this. I just came to live with it on mine and adjusted riding so its less frequent.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 12:58
888 at Last !!!

Wow, that sucks.

Wonder how people just get "used" to that.
Don't give up and make them fix that for good, or go to court if needed.
Why does Ducati sell a bike for that price that just cuts out
And that dangerous too..............
Old 07-Feb-2005, 13:12
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
to be fair its not that much of an issue on mine and its never been dangerous, more just a bit annoying when you forget and fly up to a set of lights or something and shut off/barke and it goes. It starts straight away again.

I think its the price you pay for having a very highly engineered and finely tuned bike. As said before if you get the right chip and set up it reduces it considerably.

Not certain if its the same problem here as it sounds a bit often by all accounts so could be all sorts of other things i guess.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 13:29
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
to be fair its not that much of an issue on mine and its never been dangerous, more just a bit annoying when you forget and fly up to a set of lights or something and shut off/barke and it goes. It starts straight away again.

I think its the price you pay for having a very highly engineered and finely tuned bike. As said before if you get the right chip and set up it reduces it considerably.

Not certain if its the same problem here as it sounds a bit often by all accounts so could be all sorts of other things i guess.

I see... but it seems like something all the R's do (you have a 749 R?). I remember reading the 749R presentation to the press and everyone was complaining about it.
And sorry, but it can be very dangerous...... if you're entering a corner, downshift and the bike just cuts of you go like

Is it only an "R" problem or not?
Ah, and is it exclusive to the 748/749 models or does it extends to the 998/999????

Sorry for asking so many questions guys, but i'm seriously thinking about getting a Duc.
Old 07-Feb-2005, 13:34
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by DucSoon?
I see... but it seems like something all the R's do (you have a 749 R?). I remember reading the 749R presentation to the press and everyone was complaining about it.
And sorry, but it can be very dangerous...... if you're entering a corner, downshift and the bike just cuts of you go like

Is it only an "R" problem or not?
Ah, and is it exclusive to the 748/749 models or does it extends to the 998/999????

Sorry for asking so many questions guys, but i'm seriously thinking about getting a Duc.

In my limited understanding of the issue it doesn't affect the larger capacity motors. I've never had a problem with my 996 and I've never heard of it affecting a 998 or 999 of any variation.

It is more apparent in the R's --> 749R and 748R