Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Oct-2003, 20:57
Mille

Mood: Ha ha eat my flailing tyre rubbe
Wot new tyres

Will be needing a new set soon. I've had pilot sports on for the duration and have loved em. I do a lot of road miles and they've lasted great. I was thinking of something more sporty but not trackday gummy. Who's using what and what do you think of them. I love the look of rennsports but don't know if they'd run all that well in shite weather.
Gimme some ideas
Old 22-Oct-2003, 21:42
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
FB,

Rennsports are pretty good but they're more track orientated (i.e. well soft compound wise). Just don't have anyone follow you closely when you ride in the dry. My mate on his Mille SP was miles behind and I thought.strange, my riding's not that good yet his is..Upon a coffee break he said his £20k pride and joy was getting peppered by the chippings etc being flung up by the sticky rubber I was using...

If you want a more subtle, yet equally rated option, I highly recommend the Bridgestone BT012SS's. Busters were doing deals on them (circa £150 a pair delivered).

Well worth a look if Supercorsa's/Rennsports are too soft for your road use (thinking in terms of wear).
Old 22-Oct-2003, 21:49
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
I was running BT12ss on my 998 & now have Diablo's (Corsa) fitted
The Corsa's have a much more neutral feel giving more confidance , where as the 12's seem a bit more aggresive , if that makes any sense
Although i must say the grip from either is Far more than i will ever need
The Corsa's were £200 fitted , if i could get the 12's for say £170 fittted ( Busters+fitting) then i would go for the 12'S
Old 22-Oct-2003, 22:52
everton

BT012SS for the 999R - brilliant!!
Old 23-Oct-2003, 01:21
Dibble

FB,

Can't recommend the Bridgestone 012SS's enough ... so far this year my bike as undertaken dry trackdays at Brands & Rockingham, a very wet day at Mallory and 2400 miles in 10 days in he french & spanish pyrenees .... couldnt throw any more at them really ... even got caught in a shower Monday and they were great ... (obviously not all the above on one set ..!!).

Just make sure you get the 180 rear ..

if you are anywhere near Chertsey then contact Tyreman (DSC Member) at www.wraysburytyres.co.uk , he'll sort you out, just tell him you're DSC.

Pietro
Old 23-Oct-2003, 10:21
Mille

Mood: Ha ha eat my flailing tyre rubbe
Ok then

Thanks for the info chaps. Will keep all that in mind when out shopping for hoops.
Old 23-Oct-2003, 12:00
Big Twin

Forgot to add got 2000 miles from the 12ss , cant coment on the Diablos as they are only new !
Old 23-Oct-2003, 18:36
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Can not fault the diablo`s, not tried the diablo corsa or the bt`s, but would say that the corsa`s are trck rather than road oriantated.

Chris.
Old 24-Oct-2003, 16:30
Big Twin

Diablo Corsa equi to BT12ss , the Super Corsa's are a different ball game ,Track only (so i am told )
There is a Tyre chart in the tyre section

Just been out for my first proper blast on the Diablo/corsa & in my humble opinion they seem better FOR ME than the BT12ss , a lot more planted/confident

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Totto]
Old 24-Oct-2003, 18:26
Ducati Corse

Fitted 12ss for the first time last month.My opinion so far is that they are quite twitchy and a bit of an all or nothing tyre when cornering,ie either keep it upright or slam it on it's side,but don't go half and half,they didn't like it,felt insecure.Just in the mind i'm sure,'cos no slides.Maybe just me.Anybody come across this?I had 010's before and they didn't feel like that.Might try Diablo's next.