Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Jun-2005, 14:02
Bevel Head

SP5 Autotrader

just noticed an SP5 on Autotrader (obviously in bike section under Ducati 888)

Described as mint condition and seems very reasonable cash - £5300

If only this was a month ago........spent £4k on mint -93 Strada. Sure I could have found another grand for this.....
Old 23-Jun-2005, 19:13
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Doesnt look like an SP5 to me Alan..im betting there selling it as an SP5 lookalike. There were no SP5's made in '94 - also the seat units not original (wrong pads and numberboards are painted wrong) plus wheels are the wrong colour..

Do you feel better now that you havent missed out ..??

Cheers
Nat

[Edited on 23-6-2005 by Nattyboy]

[Edited on 23-6-2005 by Nattyboy]
Old 23-Jun-2005, 19:54
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Agree, looks like it has Strada, flip-up footpegs and standard Showas
Old 23-Jun-2005, 23:24
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Mug punter

Well I thought let's go have a look anyway, and yes, 150 mile round trip for no reason. Its a Strada, you're right. The little tit told me it was a mint SP5 on the phone. The bike is in LUTON. He wouldn't let me see it at his house, met him at a petrol station. As soon as I saw it I could see it wasn't an SP. The conversation went thus:

It's not an SP5, is it?

Err...........long pause.......no, I don't think so, but I only found that out a couple of days ago. It was sold to me as an SP though.

Bye.

He said he had bought it in Leeds, but the logbook said Scotland. Had it two years and didn't know it wasn't an SP??? Righto. So it was all very dodgy. And it was tatty to boot, plenty of corrosion etc. The seat unit didn't even fit properly. It had a copy of the SP5 badge on the top yoke, it was printed on a piece of metal and not stamped, so someone had tried a bit to make it look like an SP.

So.....all together now...if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!!!! What fun.
Old 24-Jun-2005, 00:19
Bevel Head

Thought the price seemed a bit of a steal for genuine bike....

Dont get many 888's coming on market really so always interesting to see whats on the go.

Pity I hadnt found DSC earlier, I would have tried to get someone to have a look at my bike down in essex before I bought it.

In the end it turned out great and the bikes in perfect condition, dealer was very decent and very honest about the bike prior to sale.

Alan...
Old 24-Jun-2005, 00:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
Quote:
Originally posted by RightSaidFred
Well I thought let's go have a look anyway, and yes, 150 mile round trip for no reason. Its a Strada, you're right. The little tit told me it was a mint SP5 on the phone. The bike is in LUTON. He wouldn't let me see it at his house, met him at a petrol station. As soon as I saw it I could see it wasn't an SP. The conversation went thus:

It's not an SP5, is it?

Err...........long pause.......no, I don't think so, but I only found that out a couple of days ago. It was sold to me as an SP though.

Bye.

He said he had bought it in Leeds, but the logbook said Scotland. Had it two years and didn't know it wasn't an SP??? Righto. So it was all very dodgy. And it was tatty to boot, plenty of corrosion etc. The seat unit didn't even fit properly. It had a copy of the SP5 badge on the top yoke, it was printed on a piece of metal and not stamped, so someone had tried a bit to make it look like an SP.

So.....all together now...if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!!!! What fun.

that's funny as fook.
not because you had to drive all that way but why o why do people do this kind of stuff.
well I suppose there is one born every minute.