Ducati Sporting Club UK
DSC & Ducati Events
Local, national & worldwide Ducati related event notices

Old 10-Jul-2012, 20:51
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
You took tips from Paul

Craig

Actualy no i was not giving tips to James it was Chris who was doing that James just got our names mixed up i think !! although i did point out to James that there was food to be had in the club house so that was a good tip
Old 11-Jul-2012, 20:00
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Thank indeed, you're right it was Chris.P giving the tips!

Best regards,

James
Old 12-Jul-2012, 09:33
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Just to show that there were periods of happy track dryness.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CDW090712_0736 copy 2.jpg (51.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-Jul-2012, 09:51
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Nice
Old 15-Jul-2012, 19:26
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS
Location. I know many people on here think Cadwell is all things to all men, and it is a low-cost venue... but it's a pig to get to and lacks facilities - plus everyone has been there multiple times... Time for a change? Somewhere more central with better facilities for the average club road-rider who wants to ride his pride and joy to the circuit on the day and not get soaked in a typical English summer....

Or I could be missing it completely...

The only problem with 'central' Martin is-central to who/where?? Those in London/far South East will say Brands is central-whereas others will say Oulton Park is central. In the days when I ran the trackday I have organised events at both those venues-and had to cancel then due to lack of support-mainly because members felt they should be able to decide to attend at the very last moment according to the weather-and the club couldn't take the risk. Silverstone is pretty central, as is Donington-and both are hugely expensive. We have run at Rockingham a couple of times which is also central and easy to access-but lots of members didn't like it-no idea why as I think it's a good little circuit-which brings us back to Cadwell...............

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 15-Jul-2012, 23:55
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Glad to see you guys had fun (wish I was there).

I didn't go this year for two reasons:
1) I had work commitments that were not possible to change with the client,
2) if I could have changed them, I would have dropped a couple of days work, which makes it a very expensive track day for me (self employed).

Personally I think Cadwell is a cracking track. I would like to do somewhere different such as Donington, but the above shows it wouldn't have changed my ability to attend, regardless of where it was.

Even though I didn't go, a big hats off to those that put the time and effort in to get these things organised.

Cheers,
John.
Old 16-Jul-2012, 07:54
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
The only problem with 'central' Martin is-central to who/where?? Those in London/far South East will say Brands is central-whereas others will say Oulton Park is central. In the days when I ran the trackday I have organised events at both those venues-and had to cancel then due to lack of support-mainly because members felt they should be able to decide to attend at the very last moment according to the weather-and the club couldn't take the risk. Silverstone is pretty central, as is Donington-and both are hugely expensive. We have run at Rockingham a couple of times which is also central and easy to access-but lots of members didn't like it-no idea why as I think it's a good little circuit-which brings us back to Cadwell...............

John

I hear you John and I'm not knocking anyone - central means central to the UK and reasonably well served by the motorway network - to me that means probably Donington or Oulton Park. Sure they may be more expensive, but people who ride Ducati's aren't generally paupers - just need to persuade people to part with their cash early enough to make the event viable.
Old 21-Sep-2012, 23:11
Bikes: Ducati 916

Mood: always good.
The two circuits mentioned as "central" are also the most costly to use unfortunately.
Oulton is available for track days for only a limited number of days during the track day season as it is mainly used for racing and no Sunday usage or evening use is allowed. For a summer week day there expect to pay about £14,000 + vat so it is not cheap by any means.

Donington as everyone knows has noise issues however if you want a loud day there which i think is 105 like at say Cadwell & Snetterton etc it will cost £18,000 + vat as far as i know.

For my 2p worth Snetterton even thoe out in the east is a great track with great facilities, so it is a great track all year round, also Norfolk also as some great weather "out of season" . Cadwell park is a superb track however best in the spring and summer months on a bike due to the lack of garages etc, but to ride it is one of the best.
Old 29-Sep-2012, 20:14
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

I agree the "central" suggestion but also recognise people come from far and wide. Snetterton could be interesting but i guess those from the West and far North might find it a long journey.

Wherever we go can we make sure the noise limits are either non existent or do not exclude Panigales

Thanks
Old 29-Sep-2012, 20:35
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

I took my Panigale to Snetterton and it tested at 108db.

The only thing that stopped my riding all day was the monsoon in the afternoon.

Up till then I did every session.